chapter four ➳

song of the chapter; uno

location: salt lake city, utah, set of hsmtmts

the group was rounded back up again and the director started passing around scripts. "read through them, and discuss." he said before leaving because he doesn't want any part in their lives.

"i really like nini." ari whispered to ariam and she nodded. "yeah, i like gina too."

joshua was sitting next to them, reading over this script. "ricky sounds cool. i can't believe im getting to play him."

"i can't believe you're getting to play him either." ariel grinned at joshua and ariam rolled her eyes. ariel was being so desperate.

"guys, you know how we're like semi chill with the stranger things cast?" em looked up from her phone and the ari's nodded.

//okay y'all, we're friends with sadie & noah but that's iT

"noah said they wanted to hang out with us. like all of them. except finn, which i'm glad, because he's an ugly frog face."

"yay, i get to see sadie again!" ariam exclaimed while ariel frowned. "finn doesn't have a frog face!"

//ej > finn

"yes he does, sweetie." ariam told her. "yeah, i told them after filming, we can go bowling or something." em said.

"oooh, you can finally meet your boyfriend." ariel smirked and em rolled her eyes. "caleb's not my boyfriend."

"well, he's been commenting under your posts, acting like he's your boyfriend. what's that all about anyways?" ariam asked.

em shrugged. "how am i supposed to know? anyways, i thought he and sadie had a thing."

"why would they have a thing?" ariam wrinkled her nose. "you're jealous." ari laughed. "you're a stupid ass bitch." ariam glared at her.

"hey, umm," joshua started to talk. "you guys are going bowling? is it okay if i come? i have nothing to do tonight and bowling sounds fun."

em glared at him. "um, it's with our friends. and you probably don't know them, so it'd be awkward."

"like you two?" ari mumbled and the two turned to look at her. "what? it's true, you guys keep making faces at each other."

"what's the truth about you two? and you better not lie about it." ariam said.

em and joshua exchanged looks before sighing. "you guys know how i was in stuck in the middle?" em asked and the two girls nodded. "well, i was on it too," joshua said. "and i played her love interest."

"wait, you were on stuck in the middle?" ariel rose an eyebrow and he nodded. "yes. but off set...we weren't the best of friends."

"it was really awkward between us. honestly, we hated each other. and then stuck in the middle ended and we didn't have to see each other again." em finished.

"oh...that sucks," ariam said. "so why can't you guys just fix whatever's going on and be friends? you know, start fresh."

"well, i wanted to. but it didn't seem like you liked me." joshua glanced at em. "i thought you wouldn't want to start over!" em exclaimed.

"of course i did, i tried to be friends with you but you just blew me off." joshua rolled his eyes. "look," em said. "you're friends with my friends now. and we're working together. so can we please just forget everything and start again?"

joshua nodded. "yes, of course."

"okay, good," she said and stuck out her hand. "i'm emily grey."