25. Party On

"I hear the Satyrs are having another one of their parties." Ben says as he picks at the wood carving he's doing.

"I know and knowing them it will get out of hand again. Don't you remember what happened last time?" I ask him seeing him look back and shiver.

"Yeah but do you really they are going to try to see how many centaurs they can jump over again? Not every party of theirs involves doing something like that." Ben says chuckling.

"Laugh all you want Ben. You're not the one who lost most of his tail because of the bon fire." I say with a sigh. It still hasn't grown back fully from a month ago. I thought us centaurs knew how to party but damn the Satyrs can be wild.

"Very true Jon. But it is slowly growing back. Come one its going to be fun." He says again as he smiles wide. I roll my eyes slightly.

"Fine but I will leave at the first sight of any other parts of me get burned." I say pointing my finger at him. He leans his head back and gives a good hearty laugh.

"Alright thats fair. Lets go and see this party of theirs." He says as we saunter over to where the party is supposed to be happening. The closer we get the more I can hear the music and laughter of everyone.

The trees open up to a clearing like always. The clearing is filled, like I had expected. There's a massive bon fire pyramid in the center of the clearing. I can see the liquor being passed around. I guess the satyrs may already be half in the bag by now and even a few others as well.

Ben goes right into it and has a few drinks himself. I am a bit weary, there's so much that could go wrong. So many possibilities. I hope they don't make the fire any bigger.

I must admit I do like the music. I must hand it to them for their music choice. But the centaurs, dryads and nymphs may have had a little input as well. I smile as I keep to the shadows, swaying to the music and keep an eye on the festivities.

Something flashes at the corner of my eye. I look and there's a human. Her watch had caught the light from the fire. She looks up at me with shock and awe. I smile softly towards her so I don't scare her.

"You're a centaur." She says, stating the obvious of course. It might just be her shock that got those words out.

"Indeed I am. How did you manage to find us?" I ask curious. There aren't any trails running near here for this purpose. She somehow found her way here, even though theres a few barriers surrounding our home and our lands.

"Honestly I don't know. I was hit in the back of the head and woke up not far from here. I heard the music and started to walk. I didn't want to intrude Sir. I just need help. I thought your kind was a myth." She says confused about what had happened to her. My heart races slightly as she called me Sir.

"I can help you get back if that is what you wish. Or I can sit here with you if youd like to watch the festivities." I offer.

I can see Ben enjoying himself as he dances with everyone. Well it seems like hes flirting more then dancing with everyone around him. I see her smile as she watches everyone enjoying themselves. I smile towards her as she sits down. I guess she wants to watch. I sit beside her.

She has a wonderful smile and smells like pine needles. Its refreshing. She leans against me. I nod my head to the music. I'm surprised that nothing has happened yet.

Yet.

Loud booms go off as light dots the sky with fireworks. I smile as the sky blossoms with different colours. The human though shrank beside me when the noise suddenly banged like that. I can understand it since it came out of no where. I place my hand on her head, running my fingers through her hair to try and make her feel comfortable.

She looks up at me with a grateful smile and stand up. She throws her arms around my neck. I know Ben will be asking where I was all night. But this was better then partying with them and getting hurt again. She walks away slowly with a small wave.

I hope she finds her way out safely. I know she didn't ask for my help but if she gets hurt, I'd feel bad. I walk behind her and watch her find her way through the trees with ease. I smile and before I know it, we come upon a trail and she walks down it without a care. I hope she is safe.

I wonder if I will see her again.