26. Hunted

Possession.

Not as easy at TV portrays it.

As a demon we can possess any human we want, whenever we want. Even if that person is possessed by an angel, who needs permission to be in that vessel. If we possess a person with an angel it can be for any number of reasons. Generally speaking, we try to take someone who isn't already inhabited by someone else.

It seems that the person I've inhabited not only has pains in his body, but is also wanted by the police and hunters. One of his crimes is on me, so I still need to run.

I forgot what a rush it is to be hunted. The blood rushing through my hosts veins as I run to safety and lay low. Its absolutely thrilling to hide, to get away. It gives me such a rush and satisfaction.

I shiver slightly as my emotions peak to a high as I duck into an abandoned building. I let out a soft sigh as I move away from the door as I get my breath under control. A patrol car whizzes by. I smile. I know they have this face posted everywhere.

Not only for my crime of murder, but my hosts crime of fraud. What a team. This floor is so bare of everything. I guess with the door being unlocked, those that could, would steal anything and everything they could get their hands on. It looks like some have even used this to party in with all the booze bottles and cigarette butts lying around. Though I don't doubt other drug users have used this space for there activities too.

There are also some blankets around. I guess the homeless have used this abandoned building on days that are crap. What's that? I kick a few empty bottles and see several condoms on the ground. I guess even the horny use this building.

I wonder what this building was used for before being abandoned. What ever it used to be, has served its purpose over the years.

"Your Vince, aren't you?" A soft voice asks behind me.

I turn around and see a vertically challenged female standing there. I couldn't help the smile that came to my face as I look her over. I take a step towards her.

"And if I am, what are you going to do?" I ask with a slight bow as I hold my arms out and palms toward her. She smirks knowing I most likely wouldn't give her a straight answer.

"You won't like the answer." She says. I'm sure I wouldn't like it either way. Well unless she took her pants off and bent over for me. I highly doubt she'd do that. I tilt my head to the side slightly as she continues to smirk as she pulls out a gun from the back of her pants.

I shake my head slightly as I rub my index finger and thumb across my eyes. I'm guessing this little lady is a hunter. She never once batted an eye at who I am. Though I don't even think she knows truly what I really am to begin with.

"You know you can be charged for aiming a gun at someone." I say sarcastically to her. She gives a shrug without a care in the world.

"And you shouldn't be possessing this poor sap. I think its pretty even; don't you think." She says. Yup, she's a hunter.

"If thats what you want to believe. You can just let me go yeah know. It isn't that hard." I say, smiling innocently.

"You can say what you want but you're not leaving. Well at least not in the conventional way." She informs me. I could easily over take her, but sadly there's no point. She may have friends waiting outside to get me, or has a trap to ensnare my beautiful behind.

I casually walk up to her. She's weary of my intentions, obviously. I grip her wrist thats holding the gun. I let some of my power seep through my fingers. She grimaces slightly. I grin at her discomfort. When I take my hand away my mark is left.

She looks at her wrist and sees it. The circular mark with my initials in it with claws going through it.

"What did you do to me?" She asks annoyed and a bit angry.

"Well if you kill me, that mark will kill you the exact same way you got me. It will also drag you to hell." I inform her as I step back a few paces. I can see her think it over as she clenches her fists. Her jaw is set firmly. I know she doesn't like the means, but if she goes through with it, then she's tougher then I thought. Or maybe stupid. Either way its up to her now.

I can see the wheels still turning in her mind. Her grip on the gun hasn't wavered.

"See you in hell." She softly says as she pulls the trigger. The gun bangs and the bullet hits true. Center of the forehead and I feel the shocks of the spell work on the bullet as it goes through my body. I spiral into darkness going back home.

At least she is coming with me.