37. Heart

I found him easily. I can see the amount of pain he's in with his face grimacing. I place my hand on his forehead. I hope he isn't to far gone. I let my magic flow into him to preserve his life force until he heals fully. I hum as I put some life back into his flesh and scales. He's going to make it. I thankfully made it just in time.

If I was any later, he would be too far gone. I hear the faint footfalls of one of my own.

"Of all the creatures to align with our dark mistress, why him? Why his kind Nadya?" He asks with a scowl on his face. I shake my head. He's always been a foot soldier and unable to move up in the ranks. Men in our kind are almost like slaves and only used for menial tasks or to reproduce. Woman hold the high ranks and are powerful. Men are powerful too. But they are tools to be used for a means to the end.

Used for what ever purpose our High Priestess chooses them to be. So, I can see why he's angry, slightly. Not just at me in this moment. Picking someone outside of being a Drow. Even if its just for friendship. I glare at him.

"It doesn't concern you. I'm not going to let him die if I can help it. What's it to you, Ward?" I ask him. He shouldn't even be out here. He's supposed to be patrolling at home and protecting it from intruders.

"Because an intruder had been seen and impaired." He states plainly, placing his hand on the handle of his sword.

"I've healed him just enough to live. I saw his thoughts and memories for the last day. This isn't the person your looking for and if you value your life and your job you will leave now." I sneer at him trying to not let my anger get the best of me. He has no business here and to impede on what I have to do.

"Says you. I'm bringing him in get out of the way." He says stepping closer.

I immobilize him in his place. His face is set in a grimace of anger and annoyance. I know he is trying to get free but its no use.

"I said no. You have no business in this matter Ward. Now you can either leave of your own accord or die. I will be informing High Priestess Lyanna about this." I say to him.

He scoffs as he scowls deeply to me. I can feel him fight against my hold on him, to no avail. I furrow my eyebrows to him. Whoever the intruder is, is roaming in our territory while he gets angry at what I'm trying to do. I see her before I hear her footfalls.

"High Priestess, what brings you here." I ask bowing to her.

"I've come for him. Continue your work Nadya. I will deal with Ward." She says as I stand up straight. I give her a nod and go back to the injured naga. He's gained some consciousness.

"As for you." She starts directing her deadly gaze to Ward. "You dare assume that you know better then my own guard sent with orders? You have let an intruder run rampant in our home. Let it kill our people. You have no home here anymore." She states firmly and coldly to him.

I'm able to get him up and moving slowly towards our home. Hopefully when we get there, Im able to heal him better. As we slowly pass Ward, he growls his frustration out at me. You can't reason with someone who's unwilling to listen and doesn't know when they are in the wrong.

The High Priestess stares at him unmoving. With a flick of her hand, Ward dropped to the ground in a pile of ash. As we continue on our way, his remains sink into the grass that it was piled on.

I didn't take him all the way home. I can feel his energy fading fast. I lean him onto his side. I place my hand on his forehead and heart. If I don't fix what I can he will die and I cannot let that happen.

I may have been able to make an alliance with him and a few of his people, but it won't be honoured if he dies. He somehow wormed his way into my heart along the way. So I have to save him or things will go south, fast.