Chapter VXIII.

Chaos, absolute chaos the engaged couple felt

Chaos, absolute chaos the engaged couple felt. Not only both of Salma's parents were in New York but also Edith was here and they all were talking about their wedding. "I'm thinking maybe a rustic wedding, don't ya think?" Edith says to Mae and Jasar, they didn't agree with the idea because Mae wanted to have an all white wedding and Jasar wanted Salma to have a traditional wedding that ran in the family. "No, it should be an all white, look, everything would look so pretty and we can get the white gazebo." Mae shows to Edith who gasps as she looks at the catalog.

Salma looks over at Augustus who sat at the dinner table, none of the parents made a suggestion to them or even asked if they wanted a certain thing. They didn't even ask what type of wedding they wanted. Augustus rubs his forehead with his middle and pointer finger because they wanted a simple dinner just so Augustus Mom could meet both Augustus's parents. It was a dinner that the two really looked forward to.

Salma taps Augustus's arm and she nodded her head to the doorway. "We can make a run for it, we can go sit in the car or drive around." Salma whispered and Augustus nodded, they both carefully get up and they tiptoed their way out of the dining room. Augustus and Salma quickly walked through the hall, opened the door quietly but yet slowly and they managed to get out of there without their parents noticing.

"This is crazy." Salma huffed and Augustus shakes his head as he opens the car door for her. She gets in and shuts the door behind her. Augustus gets into the car and starts up, he pulls off and he glances over at Salma. "I can't believe they're taking over on our wedding." Augustus sniped and Salma sighs. "I know and we're letting them because for one my parents are crazy." Salma huffed and Augustus's Mom was just as crazy. "My Mom is crazy too so I guess we're gonna have to deal with their crap." Augustus huffed and Salma shrugs as she looks at Augustus. "Hey, at least we don't have to lift a finger or stress out about it." Salma mumbled and Augustus agreed because wedding planning is a crazy and long but very stressful process.

Salma grabs his free hand and she puts his hand in the back of her neck, he smiled a little as he rubbed his thumb against the back of her neck as she rested against the arm rest because she was exhausted, oddly exhausted.

Within the matter of seconds, she was asleep. Augustus was talking to her about how he set up Shania with one of his billionaire friends until he realized that she was asleep. He frowned and he rubs her back as she snored lightly.

Salma worked a lot and also spent a lot of time at the boy's home and she was just all over the place and Augustus hated that.

Augustus kept driving but a place that she knew she would love. It has been very tough for the couple to find a house and they've been all over New York. They wanted to stay near their jobs but also they want to find a more secluded and much quieter place, if possible. So he stumbled upon Sleepy Hollow. It was only a forty minute drive from Augustus's house, not far from Salma's job in Manhattan and not so far from his job either.