Friends, family and Violetta

What do my friends and family say to Violetta?

Well, my friends don't really know about Violetta. I don't hide it from them, it's just that it doesn't come up in conversation. My best friend doesn't even know, it's not because I don't tell her anything, it's just that she doesn't have sky, so she doesn't watch Disney channel. She has seen Violetta on record in my planner, that was when it first started showing in the UK, when my addiction was just starting! She asked me what it was as she doesn't have Disney so she'd never heard of it, I told her it was a new dubbed show and she was interested so she watched the first episode I'd recorded and she said she liked the storyline but couldn't get used to the dubbing. So in a way she knows I used to watch Violetta, but I don't think she knows I still do watch it. Like I say, I don't hide it from her, but there's no point in me tying to talk to her about a show that she can't actually watch. If she had Disney I would've made her watch the whole first series whether she liked it or not. This guy that I used to be really close with (we were close since year seven, but a few months ago something happened and now we don't talk) knows that I watch Violetta, I told him and he thought it was 'cool' because it was different. He'd never heard of anyone who watches a Spanish TV show! My other best friend, he's a guy. We grew up together, our mums are best friends. Anyway, I told him I watch it and I didn't get much reaction out of him. He wasn't even bothered, but he did say that his younger sister was watching it down stairs and he was in the living room and he said 'the main character looks hot'. And that's where the conversation ended. Never mentioned it to him again.

My family. Well, in my house it's just me and my mum. So this is a true story that just came into my head: my mum was in the kitchen cooking dinner and I was sat in the kitchen on my iPad. Disney UK just uploaded a dubbed song on YouTube, Ser Mejor. I played it and it was so awful my mum said 'either turn it off or get out'. Without even thinking, I replied with 'the Spanish is better.' Now, at this time my mum knew I watched Violetta and that I was obsessed with the TV show, but she didn't know how obsessed. I played her the Spanish song (for about 30 seconds before she made me turn it off) and she agreed that the Spanish was better but thought I was weird for listening to it because I don't speak Spanish. THEN, I asked my mum if she new what shipping was, (she literally had no idea) I tried to explain but she wasn't get it. I saw this as a perfect opportunity to mention Germangie to my mum for the first time. So I played the episode that they kiss (played it in English and Spanish to show my mum the difference) and again she thought I was weird for watching a clip of 'a Spanish Disney couple' (yup, she thought Germangie were a couple.) But ever since this, my mum started to realise I was really into the show and teases me by calling me a 'big weirdo' every time I mention it. However, she says it's different, and different is good. She's glad I have found an interest and something that makes me happy. (Although she did say that I could've picked a better TV show. But she was joking... I think.)

(The picture attached is to show you guys that I'm off to the cinema, haha! Funfact: this picture is in fact cropped, on the original you can see my friend, the one who thinks Violetta/Tini is hot!)