Selfish

I couldn't sleep that night. I tired so hard not to think of them but my stupid heart didn't let me. I remembered all the times that we spent together happily. I wanted to tell her so badly that I love her and make her mine. Why god, why me.

Somehow I managed to get some sleep and after waking up I prayed that this all be a dream. I went to bathroom and saw my red swollen eyes. I did my daily routine and put on sweatshirt and joggers. After that I went down to the hall for breakfast.

While I was in stairs I heard people laughing and went to hall just to see him. I mentally groaned. Then he saw me and gave me a bro hug. "Surprise buddy." Now I realised that this was his surprise.

"What are you doing here?" I said coldly. "Why are you always not happy to see me? I am really hurt this time." I just rolled my eyes.

"Boys come here, breakfast is ready." Mom called us and we went to dinning area.

"God I've really missed your cooking,Lisa" Ryan said to mom and my mom blushed. Her cooking is the best in the whole world. I sat near my granny and she looked at me. She was so worried.

"How are you feeling?" She kept her hand on mine.

I forced a smile and said that I was fine. Then I saw two people descending from stairs holding hands and looking happy then I realised that yesterday was not a dream. I was hurt. But I managed to smile.

"Good morning everyone" Ethan said. But everyone was shocked by seeing then together holding hands cause nobody that that they would be together after all they used to fight a lot.

"Good morning guys." I said to them because it was getting quite awkward here. I saw my dad coming to the dinning hall and guess what , he too was shocked seeing them. But Ethan and Cami just smiled to each other.

"What's going on here?" Finally my mum spoke.

"We are....." he clears his throat and continues, "We are Dating and Yesterday I proposed to Cami and she said yes so we decided to get married. " he finally finished his sentence. I tried not to cry. Everyone in the table turned their head to me, their eyes scanned me to see if I was okay and I sent them a sad small smile.

I got up , "Congratulations to my best brother and my ... best friend for their marriage. " I said by raising a glass of jucie cause it was breakfast so according to my mum's rule no one is allowed to have wine in breakfast. Then all of them congratulated them and I went to my room tring not to cry. I heard a knock on my door and I calmed myself. "Come in."

I saw Ryan standing on the door, he gave me sad look. "What?" I said. "Look I know you are broken so dont try to act brave infront of me."
"So what am I supposed to do ,cry all day and night and regreting the choice of ever going to Europe and regreting the decision of not telling her first about my feelings and telling them not to get married?" I was breathless cause I was crying at the same time. He came up to me hugged me tightly and I returned it. I cried so much.

"Thank you Ryan but I need sometime alone." He understood and left me. Again I heard the knock and I was seriously getting irritated. But I didn't show it and answered the door. I found my mom standing infront of me.

"Can I come in?" And I invited her. "How are you holding up?"
"I guess fine." I sat on the edge of the bed. "While cleaning your room Stella (maid) found this most expensive bracelet in the dustbin. She showed me the bracelet I bought for Cami. I just stared at it.

"I know you love her and I knew since the day you realised you love her. And I can tell them that they cant marry and...." I cut her off." What will you tell them?"
"I dont know but I will think of something."
"No mom its okay. I dont want them to get separated because of me , they love each other and they are happy with each other so I cant be that selfish, can I? No, they love each other and they have every right to be together." I gave her a sad smile.

"One day you'll find someone who will love you and appreciate you, then give this to her. It will look better on your partner's hand rather than in the dustbin." She said and left. I hope I'll find someone who will love me so hard and appreciate me but will I ever forget her?

As I was in my own thoughts again I heard the knock on the door. What is happening to the people why are they so attracted to my room. I said to come in and it was Stella.

"Zac, Mr.Alexander asked you in his office." I nodded my head and she left. Now what does he want from me. I sighed and left the room.