What does it mean?

3rd POV

Tori went back to work, totally forgetting about the wolf pendent.

"And then, I fell into the mud and FARTED!" Arue-chan says, laughing.

"Oh my. That must have been embarrassing," a customer replies.

"Nah, it was funny," Arue says, totally cool.
"Ahem. Arue-chan, no need to be chatting up the customers. They have better things to do," says Tori, putting his hand on Arue's shoulder.

"Ack! I'm sorry! We were just making small talk but I guess I got carried away..." small tears start building up in Arue's eyes. "It's okay. That happens, just be more aware of busy schedules, okay?" Tori assures. "Okay!"

When break finally comes, Tori takes the chance to examine the wolf pendant more closely.

"...."

"What could this mean? Where did you come from, little guy?" Tori says, in a gentle tone. He carefully moves it around in the light and feels the wolf carving.

"I know this is special somehow, but I can't figure this out," Tori whispers to himself. He decides to take out his laptop and research into it.

"Let's see now..." he starts typing various questions into google. "What does it mean if a wolf pendant appears before someone with a wolf obsession?" Tori is superstitious, so he felt it meant something for him to find this, along with the fact he feels a weird aura around it. He starts reading articles.

"'It means nothing. Everyone finds stuff everyday, they just don't think so far into it. Be logical, it dropped from someone's bag and you happen to find it. Don't be stupid and think it's a "special sign" for only you. People overthink things too much,'" Tori reads out. "Damn, harsh much, dude?" He skips over some unhelpful comments. (None of these are real, I'm just making up these articles)

"'Spiritually, it means that you are on your way to great success'—no. 'The sign of a wolf means you are in danger'—no. I have to retype my question. Let's see...'What does it mean if I see the sign of a wolf?'" Tori says aloud to himself as he types.

"'Wolf meaning, huh," Tori sits back and reads, "'the wolf spirit animal meaning in Native American mythology conveys strength and courage. A symbol of freedom and wisdom, the wolf often appears to guide your journey of self-discovery'" (this is from a real source, LoveToKnow)

Tori sighs and sits back. "Is this a spiritual sign? I don't have any kind of journey but living out the rest of my life as a wolf lover... Maybe it's saying I should adopt a wolf!" Tori says, amused by his own thoughts. "Seriously though, I have always wanted to own a wolf, without my head being bitten off..."

"Tori! Tori!"

"What is it, Arue?"

Arue bangs on the back door, "I think I saw a wolf outside the store! It's going to eat us!" "Arue, there aren't any wolves out here. If you're trying to get me to come out for a whole other lame reason—" "No! It really is true! I didn't believe it either but... Those huge golden eyes and piercing gaze totally said otherwise. If not a wolf, at least some kind of huge animal. We need to investigate and make sure there aren't any animals that will harm us or our customers. Please!" Tori is taken by surprise by Arue's words. He never sounded so desperate and worried for others before. If it is a joke, he wouldn't involve others possibly getting hurt in it. "Okay, I'm coming, love. Don't have a heart attack," Tori replies, putting the pendant away.

Arue is fidgeting in his place when Tori opens the door. He hugs him as soon as he comes out. "I'm so scared!" He exclaims. "It'll be alright, Arue. I'll investigate, just stay inside," Tori reassures. "But I don't want you to get hurt!" "Someone needs to check around, and the youngest stays safe, remember? Don't worry, I'll be back," Tori hugs Arue in a comforting manner. Arue hugs back tightly and hesitantly lets go.

Tori gently pats Arue's head and says a gentle "I'll be back. I wouldn't ever leave you alone," and leaves the store with those words said. Arue watches him until he is out of sight. "Please be careful Tori. You're all I really have in this life..."