Who is HE?

Tori's POV

It's been about a week since that dude came into our store, but I have not gotten him out of my mind.

He was very handsome, although I did not say that at the time. But he was undoubtedly handsome and had the most gorgeous golden eyes.

I hate him so much.

"Hey, Tori!" Arue cherrily exclaims too early in the morning. "Why do you have such HUGE bags under your eyes?!" He asks, surprised to see them. "It's nothing. I just didn't get any sleep this week is all," I answer, patting him on the head as I go. "Don't forget to open the store and such. I'll be in my office for now," I yawn out. "Ai! Ai!" He salutes.

I get into my office and take out the pendant. I honestly have no idea what's making it seem so different and weird. Well, for one thing, it glows and heats up. But there's something hidden behind it.

...And that jerk made it heat up, I'm sure. Plus he had golden eyes, exactly what I saw in those bushes last night...

So if I have to connect all of it...that would mean...

The guy is connected to a suspected wolf, which is also connected to this pendant. Guy plus wolf plus pendant equals...werewolf pendant.

...

WEREWOLF PENDANT?!

"Hello, again, cutie. Sorry for the other night, that was rude of me. But can you help me again?" A familiar voice rings out through my door.

Oh hell no.

I get up and open my door. He is NOT going to mess with MY baby Arue.

"Oh that was totally fine! Don't worry about it—!" Arue says as I walk over to them. "Hey, if you need more help, ask me. Lord only knows what you'll be trying to make Arue learn, you dirty bastard," I say, not in any mood for games. He chuckles.

"Tori, it's fine—" Arue tries. I shake my head, "I got this, stay here. I'll be back," I ruffle Arue's hair as we walk off.

The pendant heats up again, I absently note in my head. I feel piercing eyes looking at me once again.

"So, what are you looking for this time, Wolf?" I purposely say, to see his reaction. His eyes glow for a second. I lift a brow. He licks his lips, "I honestly wouldn't mind you, precious one," he says, turning to me. I didn't realize but I've been backed into a wall, near the back, where no one else is...

He leans into me, I lean my body against the wall, as I have no choice to. He gets closer. I turn my head away, "if you're looking for sex, I'm not into that, please. Find someone else," I say, heating up.

He chuckles but moves away. "I'm not looking for a sex partner, more of a cub. You're perfect. Mate," he says lowly, looking into my eyes. I get stuck looking into his eyes for who knows how long.

He breaks the gaze, "but for now, I'd like to get to know you. Be your friend, find out what hides within this precious, innocent, scared little soul," he says, kissing my head softly. I break out of whatever trance I was in and jerk away. "Yeah, right, jerk. Get lost," I reply harshly. He only chuckles.

"Even if I offer to come work here with you guys? Even if I offer I could help your business take off?" He asks. I bite my lip. It would help...

What the hell?! I'm contemplating on hiring this jerk? This jerk who tried to expose Arue to adult stuff? This jerk who is a suspected werewolf? This jerk with gorgeous golden eyes?

I blush. Oh god. I know he's most likely dangerous, but he's so irresistible too. I groan.

"Please just get what you need and leave," I say quietly. He pulls me into an unexpected hug and holds tight. I struggle but then slowly stop. It feels nice. Fuck. I realize the pendant is really hot. He kisses my head, "I can't wait until I can have you, forever, my love," he says quietly.

He puts his hand into my pocket when I'm off guard. I start protesting but he shushes me and takes out his hand. He has the pendant in it.

"I'm not going to explain everything right now, but we're connected. Even if you lose this, we're connected by soul," he says, putting the pendant over my head and putting it around my neck, "here's a reminder that I'll always be here for you. Call whenever you need and da—me, and I'll come running. I'll always come for you, so don't hesitate," he says. He grabs my hand and puts it over the pendant.

I feel my heart skip a beat.

"Why is this pendant so special? How is it connected to you? Why did I find it? Why does it heat up when you're around? What does it mean?" I can't help but spill out questions.

He puts his finger to my lips, "Shhh, little one. You'll find out in time. I'll explain later. There's no need to know everything right now. Just know I'm here for you. Everything will be okay," he reassures, hugging me again.

"I have to go now, but I'll be back. Please rethink about hiring me, okay?" He moves both of us to a more visible section of the store. We end up in the baby section. I feel like I'm in a daze the entire time. He picks out a pacifier with a wolf design on it, I inhale a bit more sharply than usual. He grabs my hand and walks over to Arue. I feel helpless but to follow.

"Found what I needed. Here," he says, putting the pacifier on the counter. "Also, I love your assistance here, it's really helpful. I'll be sure to come again. I'm really loving this store. I would put up a five star review if I could," he says smoothly as Arue scans the item. He squeezes my hand. I blush.

"That'll be 15 dollars, sir!" Arue says cheerily, not even taking notice of my flush face or that I'm standing beside him.

He chuckles and pays. Once he's done, he picks up the pacifier and attaches a clip to it. He turns to me and clips the pacifier to my pants pocket and puts it in my pocket. He goes so fast I'm not even able to stop him.

He leans in, "don't worry, there is a cover over the nipple, so it'll stay clean within your pocket. But I recommend you use it, as my 15 dollars just went into your hands, so please use it, my baby cub," he whispers. He squeezes my hand, which reminds me that we are still holding hands, and kisses my head quickly.

"See you soon, baby. And please get some sleep. Those bags look horrible on you," he says. With that, he turns and leaves. I'm left shock. Arue is staring. I blush.

"Sooooo, having the hots on a customer? He is very seductive~" Arue purrs our. Oh god. Not INNOCENT ARUE. "Arue, don't say that. You're too young and innocent to say that!" I scold. He laughs.

I flush harder. That jerk! "I-I'm going to my office, so if you need anything, I'll be in there!" I make a quick exit to my office and hope to lock myself in until I die.

I sigh once I'm sat at my desk. I unclip the pacifier and put it on the desk. Why did he do that? Me using a pacifier?! It's for babies. It wouldn't fit in my mouth, right? I look at the nipple and see that it's not an ordinary baby pacifier...

I touch my pendant around my neck and feel it getting hot...and glowing?? He left though??