Where has thee werewolf gone?

Tori's POV

It's been a couple weeks since I have seen him, and I don't know how to feel about that.

I have felt the pendant get hotter and glow a couple times, but other than that, no sign of him.

And...I stored that...pacifier in my drawer. No need for it to be out and stuff...

After I saw the pacifier, I immediately went and checked the pacifiers in the store, because I damn well know what we have, and it's definitely not adult sized pacifiers! I saw that the ones we have in our store are for the size of a baby, so I was confused.

Something supernatural is going on, and I know that guy is involved. I suspect he is a werewolf. An alpha at that, with the power and strength he holds in his atmosphere.

....

...

Hnnnnnn....

"YOU GODDAMN BASTARD!" I scream at the air, jumping out of my chair. "You do not go making me paranoid and crazy just to leave and make my interest in wolves INTENSIFY!" I scream out.

Knock knock!

I cough and scramble for my seat. "Y-yes?!" I ask, coughing. I really need to calm down, fuck.

"It's Arue-chan, Tori! I just wanted to ask if you could keep your voice down. People are wondering if you're in a fight with someone," Arue says. I slam my hand against my mouth once I hear that. I was too loud, oops.

"Ah, alright. Sorry about that, Arue," I reply.

Arue giggles, "it's okay, boss. You're really funny!"

...

"Not really! Get back to work!" I say, hearing his giggles getting louder. He really is annoying.

I clear my throat and get back to work.

Arue's POV

I giggle after returning to the register. My boss can be so cute sometimes.

I look at the see through door when I hear another rustling sound. I haven't told Tori yet but I have been hearing rustling and seeing eyes every once and a while this past week. I don't think he has notice any of it, but frankly, it's spooking me out...

I get pushed out of my thoughts when I hear a familiar voice, "hey, cutie." I smile.

"Lifth, you're back again," I reply. He chuckles. "Right I am," he says, ruffling my hair.

This man, Lifth, has been coming in a lot since the other guy left, and since my boss has been inside his office way more. I have to say, I like it. Because Lifth is like a new friend and customer who gives me attention!

"How's it going today, my little bunny?" He asks, I blush. "It's doing well! Not many customers but enough for us not to go broke!" I reply cheerily. He chuckles.

"What can I do for you today, Lifth?" I ask. He looks around and looks back at me, "To be honest, I came to see you, but I wouldn't mind making a small donation," he says smoothly. He goes over to the area with some small flowers and comes back over with tulips. I gasp, I love those!

I smile, "great choice!" "Of course, anything for my sweet bunny," he whispers. I didn't catch that last part, "what—" "ring this up, please?" He asks. "Oh sure! Sorry!" I ring them up and tell him the price. He gets the money out and pays, but what I didn't expect was...

"Here, these are for you. I got them at a very cool store with a very cute cashier," he says, winking at me. I blush as he holds out the tulips he just bought from me. "Lifth, you don't have to," "I want to. As I saw your expression, you like them, I take it. So keep them, it's worth it if it makes my bunny happy," he replies. I smile and take them. I put them down on the counter gently and go to hug Lifth. He hugs back.

I like him a lot! He's so nice to me! I really want to introduce Tori to him, I think they could be pals!

"Hey uh, do you want to meet my boss?" I ask. He lifts a brow at that, "why? Did I do something wrong? Was I not suppose to hug you?" He asks. I shake my head frantically. "No! It's just as well as he is my boss and manager, he is also my friend! I just would love for him to meet you!" I say excitedly.

He thinks about it for a few minutes.

"Well, I don't know. He seems very busy lately and distracted. I wouldn't want to bother him," "you won't! He would like you!" I try to convince him. "Well, you see...he knows one of my friends...and I'm afraid he'll notice something about me that I wouldn't want my little baby bunny to know just yet," he replies. I blink. "What?" "Nevermind. Maybe another time, but right now isn't good. And I have to go anyway," he says.

"But you always leave when he comes out and vice versa! Come onnnnn!" I whine. He tsks. "It'll be alright. We'll have more time later, okay? Don't cry, it's fine," he says, hugging me. I hug him back.

Lifth pulls away. "I have to go now. Be a good boy," he says, turning away. "I will! I can't wait to see you again!" I reply. He leaves and I'm alone again...

I look at the tulips. Hmmm, they're cute and smell nice! Lifth has good taste!

"Hey uh, Arue, do you have last week's information? I'm missing something from it," Tori says, coming out of his office. I huff my cheeks, of course he comes out now! These two are like avoiding one another without knowing it! Hmph!

"Yeah, I do," I say, going over to the papers and hand them to Tori. "Nice. Thank you, Arue-chan," he says. I sit at the register and pout. Meanie.

He goes and puts the papers in his office before coming out and closing the door.

"I know I've been in my office a lot lately, I'm sorry for that," "we don't even have that much business," I say. He sighs, "yes, I know. But I have been researching into something," he replies. "What?" I ask, getting some interest in what it could be.

"Well, you remember that guy who came in a few weeks ago?" He asks. I think for a second and my eyes light up, "you mean the 'buttplug' dude?!" I exclaim. He facepalms, "do you need to refer to him as that? But yes, I'm speaking of him," I giggle at his reaction.

"I think he may be a werewolf. I know that is hard to believe, but I have a strong feeling he is most likely a werewolf—" he is interrupted when we hear massive rustling outside the doors. He slowly turns his head..

"Arue, what is that sound?" He asks, "oh, that's just some rustling. It's been happening a lot actually, the past few weeks. I have also seen some eyes in there too," I reply. He looks at me sharply, "what?! And you never told me?" He asks angrily. I gulp. "Well, you were busy! I didn't want to bother you with something that isn't even important!" I exclaim. He sighs.

"Fine, but next time tell me, okay? I need to know. It is important, idiot. It's my responsibility to keep this place, our customers and you safe. I need to know," he says. I nod my head, "you should be safe too," I reply.

He grabs a flash light. "Now stay. Here. I'm going to go see who has been watching us," he says, going to the door. I gulp. I really hope that whatever it is, it won't hurt him...

I gasp. Could frogs possibly kill humans?! I take out some books and start looking up what frogs and birds would possibly hurt. Nothing will ever hurt my Tori!!