Chapter 2: Something Just Like This (Part I)

Doo- Doo- Doo....

Doo- Doo- Doo...

Doo- Doo- Doo-...

Doo- Doo- Doo...

...

...

...

Why am I even trying...?

------------

May 3, 2XX1. 17:30. Heights Alliance Dormitories. 2-A Dorms.

"...Midoriya...?" Kyoka slowly went out of hiding and started to inch towards Midoriya.

His head shot up, in surprise.

He's such a mess.

Snot drooping from his nose.

Dirt all over his face.

Tears falling down on his freckled cheeks.

The moonlight seemed to have shone through his tears, making his freckles more prominent.

It's honestly not something Jiro saw much when it came to Midoriya.

Those freckles really suit his personality.

Or what she thought would be his personality...

Because what the green- haired teen displayed, just now...

Just goes to show just how much she doesn't know about her classmate...

Did the others even know of this?

No.

No, if they did, Mina would've definitely spilled the beans?

But what if Mina didn't know either?

Then who who did?

Maybe Uraraka?

No. No, even he wouldn't tell Uraraka about this kind of stuff.

It was way too personal...

Heck, she couldn't even reveal to her classmates that she was a music nerd.

That is, until Jamming-Yay busted her last year.

Then...

That would mean, she walked in on something that she wasn't supposed to see, nor hear!

Oh God, what should she do now?!

Why can't she help herself sometimes?!

Oh God Oh God OH GOD OH GOD OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD-

"J-Jirou-san...?"

She jolted from her haywiring thoughts, and directed her eyes downwards, towards her distressed classmate.

"Di- did you hear all of that...?" Midoriya looked up to her, with his puppy dog eyes—that shone in the moonlight—and in it, she can see the hope that she will say 'no'.

She wanted to say 'no'.

But after hearing what he did just now. And the thing he did after that.

How could she...?

She used her left hand and rubbed her right arm. She directed her gaze somewhere else. She didn't know why she was blushing, but she was.

"Y-yeah..." she managed to stutter between audible whispers.

Apparently, audible enough for him...

His shoulders drooped in disappointment, and he dropped his forehead on his knees again. He tightened his grip on his legs and hid his face some more.