Chapter 3: Incompetence

...

...

...

...everything's going to be okay...

...mom...

...you're going to be okay...

No... mom don't talk like that!

...I am so proud of what you have become...

Mom, stop... stop saying these things...

...I couldn't have asked for a better child...

Stop mom... you're gonna get through this...

...I... love you...

I love you too mom! So please! Just stay with me for a moment! The heroes are gonna get here soon!

...

You'll see mom! We're going to get through this together!

...

Mom...?

...

No... no, don't you do this to me!

...

Mom?

...

Mom?! No... mom!

MOM!

------------

May 4, 2XX1. Heights Alliance Dormitories. 2-A Dorms.

A certain curly- haired boy's eyes shot open, in reflex, and he quickly pushed himself up from his pillow to a sitting position on his mattress. He was startled by a mysterious black shadow covering the majority of his field of vision, he could only see through his peripherals.

He grabbed what seemed to be the corner of the object and slowly pulled it away from his vision. His eyes widened and was surprised that he felt a sticky and tugging feeling on his forehead when he started to pull it away from him, or rather his forehead. He was expecting it to be just a normal sticky note, so he just went and tugged it off his forehead.

But what he didn't expect was a masking tape to be the one that was attached to his forehead.

An audible ripping sound was heard and a stinging pain was felt right at the center of his forehead. His bloodshot eyes turned to look at the tape and saw some strands from his bangs were glued on the tape.

' Un... believable...'

What a way to start the morning, eh?

He took a look around his surroundings, his eyes landing on the familiar instruments around the room. His eyes wandered to the empty guitar stand in his room, he pondered and looked around his room for a bit before his face contorted into a frown.

Last night, he actually smashed that guitar...

' Stupid...' Izuku mentally berated himself.

He was more curious as to how he got back in his room. If his memory serves him right, he was right outside with Jiro before he...

He...

...

Slept on her shoulder...

His face turned beet red at the thought, it must've been really embarrassing for Jiro to carry him all the way to his room. Not to mention the look on Ashido's face.