Chapter 4: Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

A/n: I was binge-watching a lot of Stranger Things, Community (As in the one with Dr. Ken in it), How I Met Your Mother and F.R.I.E.N.D.S. while writing this.

God, I need a life.

And yes, I am very very serious about the title.

------------

Say, kid, where exactly did you get that bruise on your arm?

...

C'mon, kid, I can't help ya if you won't tell me.

...

...You can trust me.

...ad...

Sorry, I didn't catch that.

...Dad...

Your old man did that to you...?

...mm...

Let me take a good look at it again...

Don't.

It's okay... I'm not gonna hurt you...

...mm...

Sheesh, that ain't going away anytime soon.

...I know.

Let me get the first-aid kit upstairs.

Help yourself with that piece of junk.

...Sure.

What's your name anyway?

...Kyoka...

------------

May 7, 2XX1. Key Notes Music Store. Musutafu.

6:15 P.M.

Key Notes Music Store.

Kyoka had a habit of coming here to clear her mind in times of confusion, anger, stress—since her years of in middle school she would come here. Or, if she wants to, she would vent out all her frustrations on the jukebox, and every time she did "vent out" her frustrations on the poor piece of machinery, she would make sure that every kick she delivered would have a satisfying reverberating sound, loud enough that it could be heard on the store's speakers. And once she was done, she would always leave with a satisfying smirk on her face.

The first few times she had done so, she had been caught by the store's manager, who had always had his eyebrow quirked and an unamused look plastered on his face once he had caught the purple-haired girl kicking the poor machine's side. She always had a knack for ignoring any warnings given to her by someone she doesn't know, especially if that someone is older than her. She doesn't care about the first few warnings, the manager said to her then, if they don't want their business to go down the drain then they wouldn't even think about banning her from this store for life.

------------

8 YEARS AGO...

One day, she had another crappy day and was in the mood to beat on a certain machine on a certain store and was at least hoping she could chip away some paint, once the sliding doors had slid open with a quick whirr she had immediately went to the back only to find that the stress reliever she had was no longer there on its spot. She had immediately stopped in her tracks and started to slowly move her head around the area in search for the machine, slowly she started to be frantic when it comes to whipping her head in search for the damn jukebox. It wasn't until a stranger had placed their hand on her should making her turn her head around, faster than necessary and surprisingly her neck did not snap nor did she felt any whiplash, once she made eye contact to the stranger, she was immediately hit with a feeling of rage.