A terrible last minute plan - II

The reddish Sun rose over the ruby surface of Hades, shining its brilliant light on the M-612's landing pod. The rocks around it glistened as sulphurous acid condensed on them.

An alarm activated inside the pod, alerting the crew that the M-612 was an hour from being directly overhead them. Zack, Sam and Alex woke with a start to find that Ryan was already up.

"What's that smell?" asked Alex. "It smells good for a change."

Ryan stood in the cockpit with four perfectly grilled cheese sandwiches. Like there is a normal sandwich, and there is this sandwich. The cheese oozed out slowly as the sandwich as it cooled. A beautiful mesh of brown decorated the bread. Every bite was just heavenly. It was bli- Oh, sorry. I got distracted.

"Sweet sandwiches." said Zack, hungrily munching at his sandwich. "Do they have tomatoes?"

Ryan muffled a chuckle, looking at his hands wondering how the sandwiches got to their hands without him giving it to them.

"Look guys, I'm sorry about the whole blaming you for Jas' death thing." said Ryan.

"It's ok Ryan" said Zack.

"Yeah, these sandwiches almost makes me sorry for slapping you." said Alex. "Almost."

"How did you make these by the way?" asked Sam, gesturing to her sandwich.

"I used the food supplies from emergency kit and found some cheese and bread. Then I grilled it using a wire mesh and radiation from the lava stream we landed nearby." said Ryan, as if it was a normal thing to grill sandwiches using lava.

"Lava grilled sandwiches. Awesome." said Zack trying to eat his sandwich until he realized he had already finished it.

Soon they finished the sandwiches and began the rocking process which would automatically bring them to their main ship, the M-612. The spherical landing pod sped towards the doors of the space-plane perfectly landing inside the craft. The crew gathered in the cockpit to discuss as to what they have to do.

The cockpit was a large pyramid like structure with a wide control panel and a podium at the center of the room. Ryan placed his hand on the podium, which projected a 3D hologram of their trajectory.

"Alright, let's see what we have." said Ryan. He waved a stylus through the air causing the hologram to shift to an image of the ship's resources. "We have got about two weeks worth of rationed food and water so we don't have a problem there. Oxygen will run out in a week or so. With the highest speed we should be back to Terra in less."

"So resources are fine. Let's plot the trajectory and go home. We've been through enough already. We can't lose another person." said Zack. "Ryan, can we get home?"

Ryan walked around the podium, ignoring the statement.

"Ryan!"

"Yeah, I heard you." replied Ryan.

"Then, do something."

"Yeah, but should we?"

"What?"

"Should we go home straight away?" said Ryan. An idea slowly built in his head. "Should we go home without doing something about this situation if we could?"

"Under no circumstances am I letting you continue on this insane 'quest'." said Zack.

"But Ryan's right." said Alex. "We should do something."

"Ok, can we stop saying 'something' and actually figure out what 'doing something' means." said Alex.

"He wants to go back to go back down there to find out why Evil Sherlock wants our dad." said Zack.