Toast

A few weeks later

Alester's home

Four glasses filled with lime soda clinked in toast.

"Here's to the M-612! The best piece of tech since the first iPhone." said Ryan.

The others collectively said "Hear!"

"And.... to absent friends." said Ryan lowering his glass.

The house still looked like a tornado had swept through it end to end. Two of the windows were broken and papers were all over the floor. Ryan walked through this familiar mess with a glass of soda to the balcony. He leaned on the railing and gazed at Central city. So much had happened in the past month, all he needed was a minute of nothing happening. He saw the peaceful city, everyone went about their business, playing, walking, strolling, having a good time. A sense of peace came to his mind. He silently thought "if only Jas were here."

"Am I interrupting?" asked Sam from behind.

"Sam! No, no! Umm... so is there something... going on?" asked Ryan, as he heard a loud crash and a shriek.

"Nah. Alex just dropped her glass."

"Eh, the house is a mess anyway."

"So, listen. I think Zack is happier now that you're talking to people."

"Okay?"

"Well, the whole journey was dangerous but undeniably good to be part of. So if you're planning to go on another one of those and you need people to work with, you know where to find me." said Sam. She stuck out her closed fist, prompting a fist bump.

Ryan looked at the fist, confused for a second because even his own brothers hadn't given him a fist bump till recently. He smiled and bumped her fist and said "Cool."

"New to fist bumps, Ryan?" asked Sam jokingly

"You'd be surprised." replied Ryan.

Alex and Zack walked into the balcony. Zack held the toaster which kidnapped Jas a few weeks beforehand.

"To destroying this piece of crap!" yelled Zack as he drop-kicked it over the edge of the balcony.

The four laughed and joked and enjoyed the remainder of their "party". The sun set on Anexis as the full moon of Hades came into view, giving off its dim red light, which, just like the M-612's engines, looked peaceful from a distance.