(2) Chapt. 2 ~ A New Home

Third Person Perspective
~ • ~

Willow and (Y/n) stood in the afternoon shadow of their new home. They were both smiling proud. They were proud of theirselves, even though they both had that same feeling of doubt, that secret whisper of failure when they felt they had succeeded.

In search for comfort, they hugged, reminding them where the power lies. The power lies between two young woman who have taken a big step. That's what mattered.

The two entered their new home and looked around, it was the same as when they had looked at it before. Then came what we'd call the sibling rivalry.

"Who gets what room?" At that, they both suddenly darted, and lucky (Y/n) got the biggest room. But what she hadn't told Willow, was that the third bedroom (the smallest) was going to be Willow's own office.

As the girl watched her friend pout at getting the smaller room, she made the call to the movers. There was something comforting about the home. (Y/n) loved that feeling though, she wanted to just curl up in her bed and feel comfortable and safe. That's what she wanted to accomplish in this home.

The girls were soon hanging out in the kitchen, leaning on the island, discussing how they wanted the house to look. While Willow was listing some ideas, that she would later share, (Y/n) had found herself on the phone, ordering some (f/f) from (restaurant).

There was nothing but the silent room after that, the two just wanted to rest at that point. So they had made an agreement. Eat, sleep. Then wake up early and get to unboxing.

The doorbell rang and Willow went to get it. (Y/n) was writing some stuff down to add on to what Willow suggested, when she heard knocking coming from the laundry room. (Y/n) blinked, curiously. She grabbed herself her pocket knife from her purse and slowly approached the laundry room.

The knocking got louder and more violent. She squinted her eyes and quickly flung open the door so it'd hit who ever is there. There was no one in there.

"Huh..." She let out a breath.

"Is there something wrong, (Y/n)?" Willow called from the kitchen.

"No! Just seeing what appliances we need to get!" She did have a good excuse to say that, seeing the washer and dryer were old and rusted.

"Oh ok! We'll go to the appliance store tomorrow after you work!" She called back.

"Yeah..." (Y/n) took a long look at the room, then returned to her friend who gave her her food. "Thanks."

"Hey you paid for it! I should be thanking you!" She laughs, (Y/n) smiles.

"Hey! After we eat, you wanna take a ride around town?" (Y/n) asked, sitting down on the counter and eating.

"Sure! Sounds fun!"

~ • ~

Morning came quickly. They both woke up rather early to get to work. Mostly because (Y/n) had work that morning and they wanted to get everything in.

Considering that they had both come from small apartments, they didn't actually have a lot of stuff. They managed to fit their stuff in a couple large boxes and a few smaller ones. They were heavy, but all the boxes were quick to be moved in.

They were marked by initials and moved into their rooms. (Y/n) smirked when she found "DESK STUFF" written on it as well as Willow's initials. She then started walking towards the office.

"(Y/n)? Where are you going? My room is this way!" Willow called, trotting over after setting down one of her boxes on the island.

"Oh I know~!" She purred playfully as she began to trot so Willow would have to run a little to catch up.

"Then where are you— Woah..." (Y/n) flung open the sliding door to the huge office which she had told Willow earlier was just a small closet.

"Surprise!— OOF!" Willow knocked her over in a hug, almost making her drop the box. Willow nuzzled (Y/n)'s chest as she gave a small squeal.

After a thousand thanks from Willow and a few minutes longer of unpacking, (Y/n) had to head to work. She grabbed her work bag and went to (place of work).

~ • ~

When (Y/n) came home, she found her friend asleep on the couch. She smiled fondly at the sleeping form, then with a stretch and a yawn, told herself she could use a nap as well

(Y/n) walked to her room, humming a tune to herself. When she got in bed she had removed some clothing and was cuddling the blankets. She had closed the blinds and just when she turned off the light, she saw a dark figure in the corner of her room, before she suddenly passed out.