Chapter 3 helping Knockout

Starlight was happy to be back with her brother, happy to see him alive, sad to know he gets beaten. Sad to know he was wanted dead. But still happy that he wasn't and he was well.

Starscream had been busy lately with missions and helping out with the mines. The two shared a room upon her request. As she had passed the med bay many times she never once saw anyone else working in there but Knockout. Surely the medic had an assistant.

One night while going back to her room she watched the tired medic clean. Mumbling under his breath and a name was repeated so many times. Breakdown, who was Breakdown?. Where was this Breakdown?.

"Who's Breakdown?" She asked her brother when he entered the room.

"Pardon?" He asked shocked to hear the name.

"Breakdown....who is he?" Starlight asked again.

"......was sister...who was he" Starscream said.

"Was?" She asked with a confused look.

"Sigh.....we don't mention him a lot, especially around Knockout...he was both his assistant in the med bay and partner for battles. As well as a very close friend, one day he left to do a mission with Dreadwing and he never came back, he was killed by Airachnid" Starscream said.

"Oh...so, Knockouts all alone now?" She asked.

"Sadly yes....and Megatron hasn't given him a new assistant" Starscream sighed sitting on his berth.

Starlight watched her brother power down for the night, she knew she had to help the poor medic somehow. But how?.

Laying down she powered down with one thought in mind, how to help Knockout. She just had to do something even if it meant helping him herself.

(Morning)

Starlight made her way down the hall going to the med bay, Starscream close behind her not saying a word. He had to wonder if this was what she wanted to do what she really wanted.

"Starlight.....are..are you sure this is what you want to do?" He asked.

"You know me Brother, I live to help people. It's what I do.....and Knockout...he needs help" Starlight said looking at her brother.

"As you wish, I'll inform Megatron that we will have two medics on board. Be sure to listen to what he tells you ok" he said with a smile.

"I will...I still remember what the palace medics taught me, thank you Starscream for letting me do this" Starlight smiled hugging him.

Starscream cleared his throat and nodded. Walking off to the bridge to start his shift. Starlight stood in the open doors to the med bay watching a tried over worked doctor arranging tools. His back facing her.

"If your not in need of medical care please get lost" Knockout said not turning around.

"....Actually....I was thinking I could help you" Starlight spoke making Knockout spin around.

"Commander Starlight!" Knockout Bowed.

"Commander?....no no please, I'm no commander" Starlight said as she blushed.

"Forgive me for saying but how can you help me" Knockout asked.

"I talked to Starscream and he is passing the message on to Megatron, I want to become your new assistant for the med bay. If you'll have me" Starlight said softly.

".....you want to help me in the med bay? A princess of Vos and you want to work here?" Knockout asked in disbelief.

"Yes...the palace medics were teaching me things cause I was bored and I told my parents I wanted to help others in any way I can" she said.

"......so you have some medical training do you? Well let's see what you've learned shall we?" Knockout asked with a smile.

(Bridge)

Megatron was sitting in his throne thinking if Knockout would accept the femmes offer. He noticed Soundwave looking at him just waiting quietly.

"What is it Soundwave?" Megatron asked.

Soundwave pointed to the screen he was working on, showing both Knockout and Starlight. He was teasing her to see what she knew and she happily completed each thing he threw at her.

Megatron stared at the monitor, just watching them. Then Starscream looked over and saw his sister with Knockout joking around about something.

"I think she will prove useful to our medic. Starscream, be sure to tell her that she is to help Knockout in the med bay from now on" Megatron said with a smirk.

"Yes master" the seeker bowed and left to tell his sister.

Starlight was happily cleaning some tools that hadn't been done yet while Knockout checked for any scheduled appointments.

They heard the doors open. Turning they saw Starscream enter with a blank look on his face, he stopped in the Center of the room.

"Brother?" Starlight asked walking over.

"Commander Starscream? Is anything wrong?" Knockout asked from his computer.

".....Starlight you are assigned to be Knockouts new assistant here in the med bay" he said with a small smile.

"Thank you brother, I will do my best" she smiled as she went back to cleaning.

"Your worried" Knockout stated.

"Can you blame me? She's my little sister and all I have left of home" Starscream said.

"No...I can't blame you..don't worry I will look out for her" Knockout smiled at his commander.

"Thank you Knockout" Starscream nodded and left the med bay.

Knockout was a little happy to have some help finally but he had to wonder why Megatron picked the princess of Vos. Did he have something planned in his thick processor? Only time would tell.

As for Starlight, she was as happy as she could be, now she could help Knockout with his work. Maybe he wouldn't be so tired anymore. But deep down something picked at her mind. Why did her master just happily pick her for when someone else could have been better?.

'Best not to think about it until something happens' she thought as she finished washing the tools.