1

ACT 1

EXT. HIGHCASTLE CAMPUS - DAY

The cheerful tune of the Mickey Mouse March welcomes us as we dolly a birds-eye view of the magnificent Highcastle boarding school campus. Three castle living quarters surround its prestigious high school building, embellished with flourishing plants and flowers. Gold and blue trolleys are arriving, bringing students to their new homes.

We close in on Charming Castle where we see the blue and silver Fantasia marching band performing at the entrance, orchestrated by Maestro Sebastian.

Trolley doors whoosh open releasing the excited students. FA MULAN calmly steps out, a magnolia flower in her hair, a cricket BFF (Backpack Furry Friend) on one shoulder, and a Gauntlet sword on the other. She holds up her Mirror phone which displays the schedule for Gauntlet tryouts. She smiles.

Nearby, DRIZELLA checks her makeup on the back of her mirror phone, sucking her teeth. Beside her, ANASTASIA checks her hair on her own phone. CINDERELLA appears, taking in her surroundings.

DRIZELLA

Take this.

She tosses her purse at Cinderella.

ANASTASIA

Mine too.

Anastasia shoves her bag on top of Drisella's causing Cinderella to stumble as her step-sisters pose for selfies.

Luggage bumps into Cinderella and she watches in wonder as it and other bags stumble through the crowd carrying themselves to their owners.

Noticing Cinderella's curiosity, Mulan waves her phone.

MULAN

They're tracking our Mirror phones.

One cue, her luggage rolls to her side.

BELLE joins the two while bookmarking Inventing A Dream: The Legacy of Cornelious Robison.

BELLE

They were also invented by Cornelious Robinson. I read he built all the technology for Highcastle. He's truly a genius.

The Fantasia orchestra's trumpets sound calling everyone to attention. Th students gather closer to the front of the school, Drizella and Anastasia pushing their way to the front.

GRAND DUKE and LADY TREMAINE walk out of the balcony doors. Drisella and Anastasia clap emphatically and Lady Tremaine smugly smirks. Grand Duke scans the students with mild apprehension, a monocle over one eye.

GRAND DUKE

Ladies and gentlemen, or should I say, boys and girls...It is my pleasure to introduce to you, Headmaster Charming of Charming Castle.

He leads the audience into a rousing applause. Lady Tremaine lightly taps her hands together.

HEADMASTER CHARMING emerges out onto the balcony followed by JACQUES CHARMING who stands stoically beside his father. Whispers and giggles are heard among the cheers as girls swoon over their handsome classmate. Cinderella shyly looks away.

HEADMASTER CHARMING

(bellowing) Silence!

The crowd hushes instantly. Headmaster Charming scowls at the surprised and terrified faces of his students...He bursts into laughter.

HEADMASTER CHARMING (CONT'D)

Just kidding. I couldn't help myself. This is cause for great celebration. As headmaster, it is my privilege to open these doors for the first time ever to our brightest stars of the future. Each and everyone of you have the potential to achieve great accomplishments on your journey. May you use your time and your talents wisely. To my left, is chamber keeper for the ladies, Lady Tremaine.

Lady Tremaine scans the girls with severity, absently tapping the pocket of her maroon dress coat.

HEADMASTER CHARMING (CONT'D)

To my right, the chamber keeper of our young men, Grand Duke.

Grand Duke wipes his monocle with a cleaning cloth.

GRAND DUKE

(under his breath) Unfortunately...

HEADMASTER CHARMING

What was that?

GRAND DUKE

Nothing, sir.

He nervously replaces his monocle.

HEADMASTER CHARMING

And this dashing young man is my son Jacques. Who is currently single by the way.

He playfully nudges Jacques who smirks, embarrassed but used to it.

HEADMASTER CHARMING (CONT'D)

Without further ado, we welcome you to Highcastle!

LADY TREMAINE

Ladies first.

The girls follow Lady Tremaine up the left grand staircase. As Cinderella reaches the balcony, Anastasia's purse falls from her arms. Jacques reaches for it.

JACQUES

You dropped this.

Anastasia snatches it.

ANASTASIA

That's mine, actually. Hi. I'm Anastasia.

DRIZELLA bumps her out of the way.

DRIZELLA

And I'm Drizella.

As they bombard him with flirty questions, Cinderella's eyes linger before she heads inside the building.