2

INT. CHARMING CLUBHOUSE – DAY

Lady Tremaine leads the girls through the shared student lounge offering rest (plump sofas and chairs) and recreational activities (television, chess tables, bookcases) toward a staircase to the girls' chamber towers.

LADY TREMAINE

This way, ladies.

AURORA admires the cozy chairs and sofas.

AURORA

Those look so comfy, I could totally pass out right now.

TIANA busies herself with her Mirror phone.

TIANA

Who has time for comfy? My day is booked solid. (sniffing the air) But something sure smells tasty.

INT. GIRLS' CHAMBER TOWER

Lady Tremaine faces the girls as they gather in a chamber hall.

LADY TREMAINE

These are your sleeping chambers. All rooms have been previously assigned. To locate your room, use the Magic Mirror feature on your student Crown app. Your room will be identified with a crown.

Rustling and murmuring as students take out their phones aiming them at the chamber doors.

LADY TREMAINE (CONT'D)

I'm not finished!

All phones get put away abruptly.

LADY TREMAINE (CON'D)

You will also find your schedule, a map of the school, and the student manual. If at any point you violate those rules, you will suffer the consequences. Understood.

STUDENTS

Yes, ma'am.

DRIZELLA/ANASTASIA

Yes, mother.

LADY TREMAINE

Good. Breakfast will be served very shortly. I suggest you settle in quickly.

No one moves.

LADY TREMAINE (CONT'D)

Well? To your rooms!

Phones return as students scramble to find their chambers.

Mulan watches her Mirror phone screen as she slowly passes each room until a crown appears on a door up ahead.

INT. MULAN/RAPUNZEL/MERIDA'S CHAMBER – DAY

Mulan walks into her new room. Three beds await her, two to a wall each with their own armoire, desk and dresser. RAPUNZEL is sitting in a chair facing the window, drawng in a sketchbook. She jumps up, happy to see a new face.

RAPUNZEL

Hi! I'm Rapunzel. I guess we're roomies. Isn't this amazing?

MULAN

It's pretty exciting.

Mulan claims the closet bed, setting down her things.

RAPUNZEL

Right! Sorry. I'm so overwhelmed, I never got your name.

MULAN

I'm Fa Mulan.

She offers her hand, but Rapunzel goes in for a hug.

RAPUNZEL

That is a lovely name. It is so good to meet you. Do you mind if I draw you? It helps commemorate the moment.

MULAN

Yeah, sure.

RAPUNZEL

Amazing.

She grabs her sketchbook and returns to her seat by the window where she she starts drawing.

RAPUNZEL

Do you mind if I ask about the sword?

Mulan caresses the sheath holding her Gauntlet sword. It's engraved with the Dynasty emblem, her favorite Gauntlet team.

MULAN

I'm trying out for the Gauntlet team.

RAPUNZEL

Oh, good for you. I bet that takes a lot of skill and practice.

MULAN

And I love every second of it. My dad played, years ago... Until he got injured.

RAPUNZEL

Wait. Are you Fa Zhou's daughter. Like, the Fa Zhou? He's my dad's favorite player of all time. I never really got into the sport, but now that I think about it, you do share his features. How's his leg?

MULAN

It's healing.

RAPUNZEL

So he'll be back soon?

Mulan hesitates, trying not to get emotional.

MULAN

I'm not sure. After years of not being able to play, it broke his spirit. He hasn't watched a game since. If I join the Warrior team, I'm hoping I'll be able to inspire him as much as he inspired me.

RAPUNTZEL

That is truly amazing. If you're as good as him, there's no way you're not making the team.

MULAN

Hopes the charm.

The door bangs open and MERIDA stumbles into the room with her arms full of bags and even more trailing in behind her. She dumps them on the floor and blows her wild, red hair out of her face.

MERIDA

I told my mum I wanted to pack light, but no...

She collapses backward onto the last bed.