4

INT. DINING HALL - DAY

The dining hall stirs with students sitting at long tables draped in spotless white cloth. Chandeliers holding seasonings and condiments hang over each table above full glasses and plates. Rolling carts weave throughout the tables carrying trays of food the students order.

KRONK sits at a table reading the menu from his Mirror phone.

KRONK

I wonder, how are their spinach puffs?

Beside him, KUZKO blanches.

KUZKO

Ew. Who eats spinach puffs?

KRONK

(pointing) She does?

Everyone at their table stares at Merida who's stuffing her mouth with spinach puffs.

MERIDA

(full mouth) Wha?

Everyone awkwardly goes back to minding their own business.

Merida's Mirror phone rings. It's her mother, ELINOR. She sighs. Here we go...She answers it.

MERIDA

Hello, mum.

ELINOR

Merida, your hair! Why aren't you wearing the headpiece I gave you?

MERIDA

Because it makes me look like a pimple ready to pop. I don't think a head is meant to deal with that much pressure, mum.

ELINOR

Nevertheless, I expect you're on your best behavior?

MERIDA

It's only breakfast, so time will tell.

ELINOR

Merida, you promised. This is a very prestigious school. I want you to put your best foot forward. I made a few changes to your schedule and I expect you to do well in all your classes.

MERIDA

Yes, mum.

ELINOR

And please wipe your face.

Merida wipes her sleeve across her face.

MERIDA

Happy?

Elinor is not amused.

ELINOR

I'll keep in touch.

She hangs up. Now in a sour mood, Merida stuffs her face again, chewing grumpily.

At another table, Rapunzel offers SNOW WHITE some of her apple tart. Snow politely retreats.

SNOW WHITE

I'm allergic.

Rapunzel quickly takes it away.

RAPUNZEL

Sorry.

Tiana types on her Mirror phone. Jasmine leans in to take a look.

JASMINE

What are you writing?

TIANA

I'm taking notes for when I open my restaurant. I wonder if I could have a word with the chef.

FLYNN RIDER peeks over Belle's shoulder at the book she's reading while he steals a piece of her French toast.

FLYNN

We haven't even started first period and you're already reading?

BELLE

Shh...this is the best part.

Standing nearby, JIMINY CRICKET looks at Flynn disapprovingly, holding a breakfast bagel.

JIMINY

You shouldn't eat so much before breakfast. You're going to be sluggish.

FLYNN

Thanks, mother. I'll take it from here. Are you going to eat that? Thanks.

He steals Jiminy's breakfast burrito.

JIMINY

I'm the student council leader for Wild Kingdom. I just wanted to introduce myself to the student council leader of Charming Castle.

He holds up his phone and scans the dining hall until he lands on Jacques who's sitting at a table surrounded by girls, including Drizella and Anastasia.

JIMINY

Oh, there he is. Excuse me.

He takes his bagel back from Flynn and makes his way over.

Flynn chews with his mouth open.

FLYNN

I don't get why girls are so into him. What's he have that I don't?

SNOW

Manners.

She hands him a napkin.

SNOW (CONT'D)

It must be hard being under the watchful eye of his dad all day. I should know.

TIANA

Her step-mother's the headmaster of Magic Palace.

Cinderella helps herself to a pumpkin scone. She's now wearing Anastasia's blouse and one of Drizella's tossed out necklaces.

CINDERELLA

At least she's not Lady Tremaine.

The students shudder and cringe. Even Belle makes a face while reading.

SNOW

Well, evil stepmothers or not, we are going to make the most of our experience here. We have the opportunity of a lifetime and no one is going to steal that away from us.

FLYNN

Here, here.

He lifts Tiana's glass. She snatches it away from him and gives him a fierce look. Flynn cowers in surrender, charming smile still present.