3

INT. CINDERELLA/AURORA/DRIZELLA/ANASTASIA

Cinderella enters her room where Drizella and Anastasia have already turned their bags inside out. Dresses, blouses, and accessories are scattered all over the beds and floor as the sisters tear through their luggage. AURORA fills her armoire, humored by it all.

ANASTASIA

I have nothing to change into. Look at all of this. It's hideous.

She flings a top into the garbage can.

DRIZELLA

I can't find anything to go with this dress. Why did I even bother packing? These are useless!

She dumps a handful of jewelry into the garbage can and walks over to her vanity mirror.

DRIZELLA

This will have to do.

She puts on lip gloss and sees Cinderella's reflection at the door.

DRIZELLA (CONT'D)

Good. You're here. Our stuff needs to be put away. We're going to breakfast.

ANASTASIA

And try not to mix them up this time.

She and Drizella step over their mess and walk out the door.

AURORA

Friends of yours?

Cinderella places her things on the only bed left and gets to work.

CINDERELLA

Stepsisters, actually.

AURORA

Ah.

Cinderella admires the fabulous clothes Aurora's putting away.

CINDERELLA

You have a stunning wardrobe. I've been wearing this same outfit since middle school.

She assesses her worn-out outfit.

AURORA

Who doesn't love retro?

CINDERELLA

They look like they cost a fortune.

AURORA

You'd be surprised by how inexpensive things get when you make them yourself. 

CINDERELLA

You made those?

AURORA

Every last piece, designed by yours truly. The dream is designing for Three Fairies. They're my inspiration. But, even godmothers make you earn your place.

CINDERELLA

You're extremely talented. And this is definitely the place to be to make your dreams come true. At least that's what it said in the student handbook.

AURORA

Being part of a prestigious family does make it a little easier. Charming Castle is all about preserving a legacy. I'm guessing you and your stepsisters are here to follow the beaten path of your relatives too?

Cinderella turns away, busying herself again.

CINDERELLA

That's the plan. My dad founded one of the biggest shoe companies in the world.

She notices Aurora's plastic heels shimmering with colored jewels.

CINDERELLA (CONT'D)

I'm guessing you've heard of them.

AURORA

Your dad designed glass slippers? I have at least four pairs. You must be so excited to join the company.

Cinderella lingers over her step-sister's bag, pensive, somber. Aurora tentatively walks over.

AURORA

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought him up--

CINDERELLA

No, it's okay. I'm happy his work is still loved and admired, it's just...I'm just not sure if it's my thing, you know?

AURORA

It doesn't have to be.

CINDERELLA

I just don't want to let him down.

AURORA

As long as you stay true to your heart, I don't think you will.

She examines the disaster of clothes around them.

AURORA (CONT'D)

As for those two, they can learn how to clean up after themselves. Let's go eat. I'm starving.

She hooks her arm with Cinderella's and steers them toward the door. Cinderella eyes her stepsister's belongings in the trash and stops.

CINDERELLA

I'll meet you down there.

AURORA

Okay. I'll save you a seat.

After Aurora disappears, Cinderella picks up the shirt Anastasia threw out.