7

INT. CHOIR ROOM - DAY

Anastasia stands before the Nightingale Choir trying out for the solo, but her singing voice is...a bit off. Mr. Roger plays the piano politely trying not to cringe. Finally, he puts an end to the misery.

MR. ROGER

Thank you, Anastasia. Would anyone else like to try out for the solo?

Aurora nudges Cinderella. Gestures for her to give it a shot. Cinderella hesitantly lifts her hand.

MR. ROGER

Okay, Cinderella. When you're ready.

Cinderella replaces Anastasia, who gives her an evil eye as she returns to her place. Mr. Roger restarts the accompaniment. Cinderella glances over at Aurora who encourages her, and she sings...beautifully. Mr. Roger continues to play along, delighted. Anastasia fumes.

INT. ARTS HALLWAY - DAY

Cinderella and Aurora walk together.

AURORA

I had no idea your voice would be that amazing. I think you may have found your calling.

CINDERELLA

This is why I love this school. The possibilities are endless. There's so much I don't know about myself. Now I have the chance to find out who I truly am. Thanks for your support. It really means a lot.

AURORA

Anytime. Now I have to get to Fashion and Textiles. I hear Ms. Deville is crazy scary. I don't want to be late.

Aurora heads to class. Cinderella continues down the hall, walking by the glass windows of the dance studio. Inside, Jacques is rehearsing on his own to "This Is Love" by Ilene Woods. A trained ballerina, he's graceful and elegant, captivating Cinderella.

Anastasia and Drizella appear in the hall, both moody.

DRIZELLA

He said my playing sound like a wounded dolphin.

ANASTASIA

Clearly, these "professionals" know nothing about real talent.

She scowls on sight of Cinderella, following her gaze. She smirks.

ANASTASIA (CONT'D)

How sweet. Cinderella has a crush. Keep daydreaming.

Cinderella turns away from the glass window, embarrassed.

DRIZELLA

As if Jacques Charming would ever give you a second look.

ANASTASIA

Not in that outfit. Wait...Is that my blouse? Why are you wearing my blouse?

DRIZELLA

And my necklace.

CINDERELLA

You threw them away. I--

DRIZELLA

No one said you could keep them, you little thief.

ANASTASIA

Wait until mother hears about this.

INT. LADY TREMAINE'S OFFICE - DAY

Cinderella sits in front of a severe Lady Tremaine. The curtains are drawn shut behind her, shrouding her in the shadows. She's silently writing something down with a feather pen, keeping Cinderella on edge.

LADY TREMAINE

Stealing from your sisters.

CINDERELLA

I didn't--

LADY TREMAINE

Silence!

Cinderella sits up straight, holds her tongue. Lady Tremaine continues writing.

LADY TREMAINE (CONT'D)

That will cost you one hour of detention. Since you admire the dance floors so much, you will be spending tomorrow afternoon scrubbing them spotless.

CINDERELLA

Yes, step-mother.

LADY TREMAINE

While you are attending this school, you will address me as Lady Tremaine. Are we clear?

CINDERELLA

Yes, Lady Tremaine.

LADY TREMAINE

You are dismissed.

Cinderella quickly gets up and heads for the door.

LADY TREMAINE (CONT'D)

Oh, and Cinderella. One last thing. Two more strikes and you'll be expelled. Then every little dream inside your foolish heart will crumble.

Cinderella holds her cold stare, effectively threatened, then leaves the room.