~Chapter 13: Guilt~

Heya everyone! I'm very sorry in advance. Also I had no idea what to title this chapter and might change the name of this chapter in the future. Anyways,  Enjoy this chapter, it's my favorite number!~Author-Chan (Bunny)💖

Tsuyu Pov: 

Uraraka came back this morning and my heart skipped a beat at seeing her alive and well. I couldn't be happier that she's ok,  Although I became overwhelmed with guilt again that I have to break up with and lie to the girl I love. I can't stay with her any longer, the guilt is eating me alive, not to mention Toga's threat. It's gonna hurt, but I have to break up with her. The lunch bell rings, and I watch Todoroki, Bakugo, and Midoryia talk before Bakugo and Todoroki head to lunch.  Momo, iida, Midoryia and I gather around a spaced out Uraraka's desk. Midoryia seems to snap her back to reality by informing her its lunch time though. She looks over to us and packs up, standing. She turns back to us. "Where's Todoroki?" she asks. "Oh yeah, He and Kachaan are already at lunch. They're actually waiting for me, I wanted to be one of the first to say how glad we are to have you back though! We all missed you a lot!" Midoryia responds, causing me to look at him. Usually I find myself drawn to his overly happy demeanor, but lately I'm seriously beginning to fall jealous of it. I'll never be able to feel that happy again, as long as I live. Even with my friends. Even with Uraraka. And now hes just a walking reminder of that. It's why I'm glad he doesn't sit with us for lunch anymore. I snap from my thoughts in a few seconds when she responds. "Thank you! Its...good to be back." She says. Her smile looks...fake, almost. To me at least. I shoot her a concerned gaze that she doesn't seem to pick up on.  "Group hug!" Momo calls, causing everyone to tightly hug her. After the hug is over, iida proposes we all head to lunch, But I tell Uraraka that I want to speak to her. Everyone else heads to lunch and Uraraka and I are the only two left in the classroom. Before I can start talking, she wraps her arms around me in a tight hug, which I gently return, enjoying every second of it. My heart soars at the feeling of hugging her again. She ends the hug after a minute though, and takes a step back. "Sorry, I'm just so happy your alright." she apologizes. Ignoring any thoughts coming to mind, I start fidgeting with my fingers. "Same for you." I reply, a small smile resting on my face from the pure joy of seeing her again. "Are you...ok?" she asks. Surprised at the question, I look up at her, eyes slightly wider than normal. I calm myself down though. "Huh? Yeah, I'm...I'm fine." I answer, Feeling another pang of guilt and heartbreak at lying to her. She nods, seemingly waiting for me to tell her what I pulled her aside for. I decide to just rip of the band aid, instead of wasting her time. "I'm...breaking up with you. I'm sorry, I Just don't think...it'll work out. We were better as friends." I say, ripping my own heart in pieces.  She stays silent for a second. "Yeah, you're right. We were better as friends, and because of the whole villain thing it would be hard to go back to a relationship anyways. It's totally ok, as long as we can still be friends!" She says. I stand there, shocked. Shocked and heartbroken. She never really loved me, did she? I'm so stupid for thinking she did, It's my fault my hear is broken now. "Yeah...of course." I choke out, trying my best to smile for her. "We should probably get to lunch then, right?"she asks. I just nod and follow her out to the cafeteria. 

As soon as we enter the cafeteria, Almost everyone from class 1a bombards Uraraka, Making sure she's ok and welcoming her back. With everyone surrounding Uraraka, It gave me the perfect chance to sneak away from the lunch room. I ran out and to the girls bathroom, which was luckily empty. As soon as I sit down on the floor I start sobbing. Uraraka doesn't love me, she doesn't care about me, No one does. No one knows i'm gone, No one is here to comfort me, no one cares about me. And why should they? I'm lying to all of them. Betraying all of them. I'm a traitor. I don't deserve for anyone to care for me. I don't deserve anything. I deserve to die, if I was dead no one would have to worry about me. I wouldn't be betraying anyone. I'd just be...gone. Before I could finish my thought, the bell for the end of lunch rings. I slowly stand, and look in the mirror, splashing my pale face with water, and wiping the tears from my red cheeks. Once done, I slowly walk out and to class.  Once I enter, the last person I want to talk to come ups to me. Todoroki. Dabi's brother. I can't think of one without thinking of the other anymore. Todoroki scares me now, to be completely honest.  I've been avoiding him ever since I got back. "Tsuyu, Can you meet me at my dorm after school? Please? I want to talk to you." he says. "Sorry, Todoroki, But I'm planning to go home this afternoon." I say, Still trying to avoid him. I couldn't go even if I wanted to though, considering I have to go back to Dabi today. I start to walk past him, but he stops me. "It's a weekday, though?" He questions. "I go home almost everyday now. Family problems." I say, using the excuse provided for me by Dabi. "Well, Can you spare a few minutes before you go to talk? I really want to speak with you, It's kind of important. " He says. "I'm sorry Todoroki, But I can't." I say. "Please Tsuyu." He pleads. I've never heard him sound so...desperate before. I may be avoiding him, but if it's really that important to him I don't want to let him down, especially since I'm already betraying him. I look away from him and let out a defeated sigh. "Fine, ok." I say. "Thank you! I'll see you then!" He says, bowing. I nod, walking to my seat. Dabi will be mad I'm running late, but once he hears it was because of his brother he'll probably be less mad.  

~After school~

I slowly walk to Todoroki's door, and knock gently. The door opens quickly, scaring me a bit. Todoroki invites me in and I politely sit on the bed. "I'm glad you could spare a minute to talk to me, Tsuyu. I wanted to talk to you, because I'm worried you've been...avoiding me." He says. My eyes blow wide, surprised he noticed. "I-..." I try, not being able to get anything else out.  "I know you've been trying to avoid me, and I want to know why. Please." He says. "...you remind me too much of him." I whisper, covering my mouth after realizing. "What?" He asks. "Just- I have to go." I say, trying to get up and leave. He stops me though. "No, please don't. I want to know what I did wrong." He says. "Nothing, just please let me go." I insist. "Not until you tell me why you're avoiding me." He says. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" I scream, pushing him. I've started crying at this point, thinking nothing but of Dabi and how much trouble I'll be in. "TELL ME WHAT I DID!" he yells back, causing me to flinch and cover my face. I slowly move my arms back down and wipe my tears. "I-I'm so sorry, Tsuyu." He says, but I make my way to the door, feeling unnecessarily neausous. Just before leaving though, I remember what Dabi told me. "Your brother misses you." I mumble out, leaving. Once I get outside of his dorm, I see Momo, iida, Bakugo, and Midoryia out in the hall. Bakugo and Midoryia make their ways right into Todoroki's dorm, and my nausea causes me to fall into Momo's arms. "Tsuyu! Are you alright? Midoryia told us he heard yelling from Todoroki's room and you were the only one it could've been since he invited you there." She explains. "I feel sick. I have to get home." I say, desperate to get back to the league before Dabi kills me. "Wait a minute, your not going anywhere yet. Iida, get water and a bowl!" She says. "On it!" Iida replies, running. Still crying with fear of getting back late, I start struggling so she lets me go. She doesn't though, and just sits on the floor with me instead. once iida comes back with a bowl and water bottle, my nausea takes over and  I realease the contents of my stomach into the bowl and momo makes me drink the water. "When was the last time you ate something, Tsuyu?" She asks. I weakly shrug, honestly unsure. She nods, seeming concerned. Before anyone else can say anything, my phone rings. I check the cller ID, seeing it's Dabi and panic, slowly getting up and running out to the league, ignoring momo and Iida's concerned calls. 

Hey everyone! I'm hoping you appreciate all the updates lately! Uh, Poor Tsuyu. Also I'm working on tweaking the plan for this story a tiny bit and I'm gonna try and update it way more so I can finish it soon. That's all! Thanks for reading! Bai! ~Author-Chan (Bunny)💖