Chapter Two: House Call

Woopsie, only took Wattpad over two months to realize Georgie with a flesh wound might be 'unsafe'
~ 💮 Masky

~The Reader

You had no idea how lucky you had been to shy away from the clown in the storm drain. Very lucky indeed. Because not but a few minutes later, after you arrived at the row of shops and apartment buildings lining lower Main St, some other poor, unfortunate soul had fallen victim to what you narrowly escaped.

You were still skipping along as a little boy in a bright, yellow rain slicker was being lured closer. You looked in the windows of shops as you passed by while the little boy was told to take his paper boat. You arrived at the doorstep of your father's toy shop while that poor boy innocently reached for his boat. You grabbed the door knob and pulled while his arm was tron off, yellow sleeve and all.

You heard hears the soft chime of the bell that alerted your father to customers, but not the blood chilling scream of George Denbrough.

You stepped inside and closed the red and white parasol, being careful not to bump into any of the displays close to the door. "One moment!" you heard your father call from his workshop downstairs. This shop was broken up into three levels; the ground floor which was where all the toys and dolls were displayed, the basement which, ahem, was the workshop and the upstairs was a living space for the two of you.

You stifled giggles, carefully placed the parasol in the umbrella holder. You quickly rushed over to the counter, and sat down on the customer side, with your back against it. You put your hands over your mouth to muffle any giggles and laughter you were threatening to let out as you heard your father's footsteps climbing the stairs.

You bit your cheek feeling the hardwood floors creek and groan lightly under your father's weight. There was a short period of silence.

You screamed feeling a pair of hands on your shoulders. The scream turned into a giggle as you looked up and saw your father was leaning over the counter to touch you. His long red hair almost falling on face and his vibrant, honey eyes were filled with delight seeing you smile.

He chuckled, removing his hands from you and placed them on the counter to help him stand back up. "What are you doing hiding from me, Baby Doll?" he asked stepping around the counter as you stumbled to your feet. You had inherited his light British accent, which served to be another thing for other children to ridicule you for. "You know I don't like it when you hide from me. " he frowned a little and put his hand on your head, but he wasn't really upset with you.

"I wanted to surprise you, daddy." You giggled, standing straight, almost like a soldier.

He chuckled and smiled once more. "Oh, then I guess I ruined your surprise." he said while ruffling your hair. "Allow me to make it up to by making you something to eat, and perhaps a new toy?"

"But I love the bunny you gave me, daddy," you frowned a bit. "Nothing could ever replace him." you added and he simply smiled and nodded his head.

"Alright then. Upstairs, and please get out of those wet clothes. You'll get sick of you stay in them much longer." He removed his hand from your head and lead the way upstairs.

The living space was nice and cozy, comfortably warm too. There were two small bedrooms and a Jack and Jill bathroom in between them,off to one side of the open space. The other half of the space was a simple living room with a kitchenette tucked in the front side of the building. There were a few plush chairs, a small wicker chair for you, a small coffee table, a little radio and a vinyl record player with a small stack of records lying near it, a large Victorian style rug on the floor and dozens of your personal toys littering the place. They were in little groups or tucked into certain places, so the room wasn't entirely in shambles. It was ordered chaos.

And speaking of Victorian style, most of the decorations, aside from most of your toys, were the same style. It looked like it had cost a bloody fortune to gather, but matters of money wasn't something that concerned you. At least it wasn't if it had nothing to do with your allowance.

You carefully slipped by your father as he reached the top of the stairs and ran to your room. You quickly pulled off your shirt and wet pants, changing into dark, raspberry red breeches, as your father munched enjoyed seeing you wear, and a slightly-oversized-for-you cotton shirt. The shirt felt like it was silk to perfectly honest, nice, soft and smooth.

Oh you really only wore these nice, 'fancy clothes' at home. It was more your father's choice than your own, but you didn't mind it at all.

You walked over to the mirror to make sure everything looked right. You fussed over this and that, and your hair, which was getting a bit long. You did want to grow it out, but you had enough reasons for kids to bully you already. So you sighed a little and thought of asking for a haircut soon. Your eyes were drawn to something in the mirror though.

Something that seemed surprisingly distant from you, despite how small the room was.

You tilted your head and looked behind you. Nothing there.

You turned back.

You nearly yelped as there was a purple balloon now in front of your face. You stared at it for a few seconds, taking two steps back, before grabbing the string. You paid no mind to its sudden appearance or the fact that it wasn't attached to anything and hadn't floated to the ceiling.

You giggled exiting your room with a purple balloon, ready to start playing or perhaps try pestering your father for some sweets.

He was humming a little nursery rhyme while he finished making you a healthy but sweet snack of ants on a log, with some of the ants being grape rock candies.

He turned around before you could get underfoot and smiled seeing the balloon. "A gift from your uncle?" he asked kneeling down. You nodded yes while he handed you the plate. He grabbed the string of the balloon and tied it loosely around your wrist.

He stood up and messed with your hair once more, then disappeared back down the stairs.

You sat the plate down on the seat of your wicker chair then hopped over to the record player. You put on nursery rhymes, very, very fond of their comforting tunes and often sinister meaning.

Then you scurried back to your chair, eating happily while lovely tunes played. The music drowned out everything outside the room you were in.

They held your childhood safely and securely, while another's was destroyed.

~IT

After It got a quick little snack It came around looking for you. With fear being spread by the death of little Georgie, and a quick bite to stave off It's deep hunger, It could spend time leaning fears, see, with better quality now that It was awake, what had changed since It's long nap.

It remembered sensing, seeing something moving into town. Someone different then the normal humans It feasted on. It remembered not being able to precisely see who they were, and sensed a few people disappearing that wasn't caused by It's will. That was a strange occurrence. One that It didn't like, until It saw that it only happened every few months on average, and more often than not visitors were brought into Derry and snuffed out shortly after arriving by this new thing that had moved in.

After watching you and your father, It decided that there was no threat of It's personal game preserve being poached to a concerning degree.

It would still see to shoving your father out of Derry, but It wasn't a top priority. The priority was still to eat. It also sensed catching you would be different from other children, well it would be if you didn't go out into the more nature stricken areas of Derry, and pricing your mind showed that you rarely left the concrete jungle.

(So what do you think so far?
Half decent?
I beg for feedback because I'm self conscious about my writing.
~ 💮 Masky)