Chapter Five: Ben & Beverly

Hey, how, howdy, biscuits! I got IT chapter one since this and the last update. And by god, it has the issue that all movies based off books have; it cuts corners on details to save time.

Well, I'm fine with most of its "Yada yada, let's keep it moving*andcuttingoutthatheneryisaracistfuckstick*" so I'll be adding in some of the movie's details... Except Mike's parents being dead. Yeah. Nope. Not in this fanfic. Were sticking to the original plot for Mikey. I had ideas, pertaining to him.

Ahem, anyways, that's all.... I think... But! In the next Chapter you'll be getting to meet family, and mayhaps some of the losers will meet them. Mwahahaha! *Chokes*

Right okay, moving on, love y'all my darling biscuits, sorry for the long A/N ~ 💮 Masky

~TheReader

Plumes of white fog periodically left your nose and mouth as you walked through the the still snow covered sidewalks of downtown Derry. You had informed your father where you intending on spending most of today at, and yes it was the library. A sort of Home away from home, more over a place away from him to think in peace. You'd read some books and bring some home, but you'd be taking more of your free time to think of what you wanted to do for your birthday.

Your footsteps, crunching through the fresh layer of snow, kept you too distracted to think straight. You didn't want to walk off the sidewalk, or slip on the ice that was underneath the white powder. Also you overheard a 'conversation' between Henry Bowers, with his sidekicks in two, and Richie 'Trash mouth' Toizer. Oh listing to them made you very grateful that you were just beginning fourth grade, thanks to bring a little smarter than most of your classmates. You were also thankful that you weren't in Bower's radar because you were a grade lower than him.

You stopped and looked when they all went running after Richie. Yes, you were very grateful that Bowers and his friends hadn't decided to start bullying you yet, and hoped that they'd be able to advance to the next grade so they could continue to bully their usual targets. That probably wouldn't happen. You, like everyone else, thought he'd forever stay in fifth grade because he can't stop bullying others, even his friends.

You shivered, not from the cold, but from your gladness. You weren't afraid of Henry, you just wanted to avoid pain in any of its forms; Physical, metal, emotional, and he was a source of future pain and you know that. But you didn't know how soon in the future that pain would come to you.

You shook your head and continued along. Any thoughts about Henry faded from your mind instantly.

Your heart happily sped up upon stepping into the library. The warm, secluded, safe library. Place if knowledge and for you, a place to quietly contemplate your problems, which weren't really problems, all your real problems you received help with from your father and your extended family when they were in town.

You shook off the small build up of snow that gathered on your head and shoulders,  strolled towards the walls of books and unzipped your coat. It was already making you overheat in the warm library air. You let it slump down your shoulders, but kept your fore arms horizontal in front of you so your nice coat wouldn't fall to the ground.

You ignored everyone around you, which wasn't too many people, mostly little children being read 'Billy Goat's Gruff'. Your (E/c) orbs scared the titles and author's, looking for nothing or no one in particular among the hundreds of books.

You never felt the pair of eyes that were watching you, studying you further, and wandering calmly through the library, making notes on all the other children that listened to the young woman reading aloud to them in awe.