0️⃣0️⃣8️⃣

"Where?"

"The man near the champagne stand. Red mask."

"Copy that."

-|-

"Chloe, at 5 o'clock. The guy with the red mask." Her gaze shot to the direction.

"Copy."

She slowly passed by rich talkative people to get to her target as soon as possible.

Suddenly, someone bumped into her shoulder hard, making her stumble.

"I deeply apologize, Miss." She waved her hand, "It's okay. Everyone's alive."

Chloe's gaze trailed back to her prey, but he was gone.

"Jimin, where is he?"

"I lost him."

Chloe looked around, scanning people one by one. Her eyes met male's orbs. They locked in eye-contact. Her eyebrows furrowed, "Jimin, check on the guy at 12 o'clock." After some bustling, "He did a good job hiding his identity. But I can assure you, he is our competitor."

"Copy that. Anyone else?"

"So far, I see 5 people. The guy in velvet tux with a feather mask near the bar. The lady in a red gown, near the stage. Another guy with a royal blue tux right at 8 o'clock. Woman in a red velvet dress at 2 o'clock. And the one you've asked to look for."

Her eyes scanned, one by one, those who Jimin pictured, "I got that."

"Do you see Brians?"

"Yes. He is going to the storage room, where the Hope Diamond is kept. You have to get there before him."

Chloe nodded, "Lead the way."

With Jimin's directions, she arrived at her destination. A guard stood there, at the entrance. She went to him.

Once Chloe was at his sight, the man shook his head, "Ma'am, you're not allowed in here. Please, take-"

"I think I do." She showed him her badge, "Lieutenant Chloe Avery. I am asking you to move." The male's shoulders fell slightly, making a way for the female.

She was in.

"Where's the diamond, Jimin?"

"Go straight."

She followed his orders. A sudden masculine voice was heard behind her, "Looking for this, sweetheart?" She bit her lip.

"Damn, how is he hiding like that."

Looking around, the man from earlier was at her sight. The necklace dangled from his hand.

"Why don't you just give up the jewelry?" She walked in circles slowly, hence the man started to do so too.