Chapter Five - Following Your Instinct

Hey, my loves,  As promised, I haven't given up on the story! Here is an update for you all to enjoy!! A soft reminder for all of you, don't underestimate your personal strength. Allah would never put you in a situation unless he knew you can handle it. It doesn't matter what you are going through if you have complete faith, He will guide you through it all. That being said let's get back into the story! – Razan

The rush of embarrassment she previously felt caused Layla's cheeks to become rosy red. In an attempt to hide her face, Layla found herself eyeing the ground. An illusion of footsteps rang through her ears. With a couple deep breaths, she felt her face return to its original coloring. In hopes that Ahmad had left the room, Layla slowly looked up from under her lashes. Ahmad still stood in front of her. She muttered to herself.

"Shit not again."

His chuckle had faded yet, the amusement radiating from his hazel-green eyes remained. As they locked eyes, the endless chatter and chaos of the studio silenced momentarily as if they were in a trance.

Coming back to her senses Layla quickly averted her gaze.

"Are you okay?" he said looking down at her as concern washed over his face.

"Uh, Yeah, ... I'm fine. I should go." She said as she surveyed the now empty room. Ahmad watched the door as the five-foot-two beauty darted out of the room.

"She definitely loves running." Shaking his head, he laughed.

Ahmad heard a crash in the distance. What was that? He jogged toward the sound to see what it could be.

⁕⁕

Ten minutes prior.

With the new studio in full swing, The Ramadan family were all occupied with different activities and promos for their clientele.

"Mama! I want to play." Mona tugged on Yasmin Ramadan's pant leg.

"In a little bit ya Albi, (My Heart)" Yasmin Ramadan said. before she resumed her conversation with a client.

Leaving little Mona to find her own source of entertainment.

The studio was her new adventure. Skipping down the hall she spotted the office door wide open. Although the office usually remained locked.

With curious little eyes, Mona wandered inside.

The office had the usual setup, a standard desk, an office chair, and a bookshelf. Knowing she wasn't allowed inside without supervision she contemplated going in, but once she spotted her blankie on the ground logic went with the wind.

"Binkee!" she said running towards it.

Tugging on the soft pink blanket stuck under the leg of the office chair.

She struggled.

"Binkeeee!" She cried.

⁕⁕

Now walking, Layla was only two doors down from the office. Turning the corner, her eyes widened as she approached the open door. As if in slow motion she saw the same little girl in the snow-white dress hit a bookshelf. Without impulse, Layla ran to her side, wrapping herself over top of the little girl, Embracing the full impact of the avalanche of books.

"My binkee" Mona cried before bursting into tears.

"Are you okay sweetheart? Don't cry!" She said softly, picking her up in her arms. Looking around at the clutter of books, she walked over to the blanket. Is this yours? Crouching down to pick it up for Mona.

Sniffling Mona nodded.

The sound of the crash rang throughout the studio.

"Where's Mona?" Yasmin Ramadan said frantically looking around.