14- Hufflepuffs Dorm

I quickly got off the stool and headed towards the Hufflepuff table. 

The sorting hats words ricocheted through my head. He wants me to ring the houses together. That would be pretty difficult. I'd have to get through Slytherins and Gryffindor's ego and pride. Hopefully Ravenclaw won't be to hard. Really as long as I have facts and evidence proving the houses would be better if working together, they would hopefully be down for it. Hufflepuff will most likely be the easiest. But there will still be some who disagree. 

Wow. First day, and I'm already plotting on how to change the school. 

After sitting down and hearing Dumbledore go threw his begging of the year announcements, the food appeared. From across the room I could see Ron digging in, and be scolded to from Hermione. Every one else at my table also started digging in. Reaching over I grabbed a few chicken legs and some biscuits. The a scoop of mash potatoes, after drowning it in gravy, I finally took my first bight.... and oh my god, it's to die for. 

After pretty much stuffing my face with most of the food Dumbledore said it was time for us to head to the dorms. We all filed out in an orderly fashion. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Our common room turned out to be near the kitchen, so hopefully that would be better access for late night cookie runs. Sweet. 

We got assigned rooms, I found the room with my name on it. There was my name, along with three other boys names.

Justin Finch-Fletcher. Great. I heard he was a bit of a snob, but hopefully I can change that. 

Next was a boy named Joseph Bradly. I didn't know who he was, but I hoped he was nice. I'll have to ask Hermione on her input on him. 

The last person was Nick Ortino. He actually did know a little about him. We met in the dining hall, passed a few words a then went back to eating. At least he seemed like a nice person though. 

I entered the room and took a look around. The room came off as comforting. The walls were made out of bricks and there were windows above every beds, which were all pushed against the wall. In each of the windows they had a nice plant, making the homey vibe show some more. Light streamed from the windows, making the room glow a soft yellow. In between each bed was a yellow banner with a badger on it. The words Hufflepuff were stitched sideways, going from the bottom to the top. Their were four, queen beds, two in the corner and two in the middle. Each of the beds had a soft yellow cover with white pillows with a badger on them. On the side was a door which I assumed was the bathroom. Their were chests at the end of each of the beds painted in yellow and white stripes. 

Our suite cases were piled in the middle of the room. I assume was because we were meant to pick our own bed. 

I identified my case and brought it to a bed in the corner, to the left. Setting it on the bed I heard a soft meow. Looking around I found the sound was coming from my feet. Glancing down, I found Wisdom staring back up at me. Her black her glistened almost like a abyss of unknown. It seemed their were the tiniest bits of whits in her fur, making it appear as if her fur was a the black of space. Her green eyes stared back at me with loyalty and love imprinted on them. 

I slowly scooped her up and brought her to my chest, sitting down on my bed. I put her on my lap and closed my eyes while running my hand down her back and repeating the process. I finally started to think. Think about my past, with the Greeks. The present, with the wizards. I then thought about my future, whatever that beholds. I just closed my eyes and succumbed into my thoughts. While my hand continued petting Wisdom's silky fur. It's been awhile since I were able to think in quiet. The others must still be in the common room talking to their friends. I thought. 

Slowly my thoughts lured me to sleep. With out changing I peacefully entered the dark abyss of the dreamless dream world, where I'd just be there, but I'd be at peace. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The moments of peace were interrupted to quickly for my liking. Because I was pulled from my little realm of peace when two boys walked into the room. One had light brown hair, long enough to almost reach his shoulders, with dark hazel eyes. The other had spiky dirty blonde hair and grayish blue eyes.

"Oh! Hi there didn't mean to startle you!" The boy with long brown hair said. I quickly classified him as Nick, remembering him from the dining hall. That would mean Blondie would be Joseph,  since I already knew what Justin looked like. 

"No no. It's alright. I was just trying to rest my eyes for a few and I guess I lost track of time." I assured him, with a small smile showing him that no harm was done. He responded to that smile with one of his own until turning to look around the room. After taking it all in the two claimed their cases and took the two middle beds. Nick being next to me, and Joseph next to him.

They started making small talk while I took out a book, that I got in diagon alley that grabbed my attention. I bought it with the extra money left from the handful I took in the vaults. It was on animagus's. It fascinated me so I thought why the hell not and grabbed it. It would be a fun thing to learn in between classes. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- 

About a half an hour after Nick and Joseph came in, Justin came. All three of us were just sitting, them having let me join their conversation after being deemed pretty cool guy. 

Justin came in and grabbed his case, which by now was the only one left no the floor, and he took the last available bed, on the other end of the room. 

After he got settled all four of us just chatted about random topics. They asked about my life in America after I told them I used to live there. I gave them honest answers, but also dodged around touchy subjects that might lead into flash blacks or the exposure of the gods. I learned that Justin wasn't as bad as he seems and he only put on the tough guy act, because of his parents, who were disappointed he was put in the 'weak' house. I learned that Joseph likes to keep to himself, but really opens up to people he's comfortable with. Also Nick was like the perfect definition of surfer dude. He was layed  back and non ironically surfed every summer in Tahiti. 

After about two hours of talking the time looked to be around 10:30 so we all decided to change and hit the hay.

Soon the lights turned off. I stared up at the ceiling. Wisdom on my chest. I thought of what would be my go to plan. But after a couple of minutes minutes of thinking  I decided to just wing it. I'll just have to go with the flow I guess. 

So with that thought in my mind, I closed my eyes and entered the black abyss of the second time to day.

Because tomorrow is the start of my new mission. 

Unite the Hogwarts houses. 

Sorry  I haven't updated in awhile, homework's been piling up. Also I'm not really making any Oc's cause I always hated them in other stories. So Nick and Joseph won't be showing up much. I'll try to be updating, but right now I'm really despising math. Also if you have any ideas on the next chapter, I'll be sure to try to include it, because right now I have no idea what I should do next. Another also, who should be the next DADA teacher? Feel free to leave a comment, and let me know what you think of the fan fiction so far. Thank you for reading this far! ;)

-SydTheSloth2224