part VII

On the doorstep of the house, Ten and his mother are standing face to face. "Farewell son" she says, adjusting his collar.

He smiles at her and when she looks back at him, she smiles too. "You should never come back to see me, okay ?" she says, caressing his cheek. Tears soon fall down her face and Ten can't help but cry too.

"Okay" he only answers before pulling her into a hug. "Goodbye"

After a few minutes, she pulls back, "Please, go now. I don't know if I can bear to see you leave" she confesses, her voice cracking. The woman pushes Ten towards the car that'll be taking him to the airport and, without any other words, slams the door close. She falls on the floor, crying. It is the last time she's seen her son.

Ten looks at his house one more time, wiping his tears with his sleeve before opening the passenger's seat door to join his sister in the car.

"Let's go now" she utters softly, taking his hand in hers before switching the motor on. Ten stays silent during all the ride, the only sound being the radio playing the last popular song. Once they arrive at the airport, they take Ten's things out of the trunk and goes to the gate for the plane that goes to Seoul. They both sit in the waiting area next to it because they arrived an hour early. Their hands finds themselves together without them noticing it. Siblings' energy, I guess.

The hour passes quickly, thanks to the conversation Ten's sister has started and it is time for him to go.

"Come to see me in Korea, okay ?" he starts, taking her other hand in his, "I'll move in with Taeyong so, you know where to find me." he continues, now hugging her tightly. "You are forever invited." he finishes, putting a light kiss on her forehead. "See you soon, yeah ?"

He then goes to the airplane that will take him back to his lover, and sits next to the window. The plane is soon filled with lots of people. As the stewards and stewardesses finishes to explain the safety rules, Ten can hear the pilot asking "Ready for take-off ?"

The flight is five hours long so Ten decides to sleep. He wakes up with a slight punch in the shoulder, "We're here mate" his seatmate says.