What a sad topic.

Sunday 18th June
Say anything
(Y/N)'s pov
~•~

"Katie wouldn't of wanted us to cry. She would of wanted us to smile and share jokes but it seems impossible without her caring and spontaneous nature." I spoke while behind a podium, wearing a floaty, lacy, black dress that fell to my knees. I tied my hair up in a neat bun for the solemn occasion. "She seemed to be the candles that lit up Hogwarts' great hall, brighter even. Katie was a kind soul but she wasn't boring." I swallowed roughly, holding back tears.

"She has many people respect for her excelling of subjects and knowledge of spells. She had an irreplaceable personality, sweet and funny. She fought so bravely, for a brighter future for her family, one that she would never see. She was an amazing friend, wife and would of been an amazing mother. We will miss you until the end of existence. Raise your wands for Katie Davis." I raised my wand and everyone followed in my lead.

I sent up white sparks into the sky and sat down in the crowd once again right next to Cedric. I sniffled lightly as tears flowed down my cheeks. I watched my best friend get lowered six feet under and she was never going to be able to get out.

She was buried and the funeral was over. I layered a dozen of pink tulips on her grave, her favourite flower. Engraved on the tombstone was the words: Here lies Katie P.N Davis, loving friend and wife.

It was so basic and unworthy of being on the shined stone but it was better than nothing.

I never figured out her middle name.

I smiled lightly and cried.

"What a sad topic, Hm?" A voice came behind me.

"Do I know you, no offence?" I turned to look at the woman. She had short hair which was still black not effected by age, and loving brown eyes that were bloodshot. She was quite petite and looked fairly young. Dried tears were evident.

"None taken, I'm Katie's mother."

"Nice to meet you Mrs Lynchester." I shook her hand delicately.

"I just wanted to say, you're speech was lovely, I just can believe she's...gone." She cried softly.

I gave her a hesitant hug and she just cried into my shoulder. Here we are, still crying even when the war is over. When Voldemort was defeated. When we are free.

I pulled myself away from the hug and went to find Cedric.

In the past month, I've had to attend several funerals and it had taken its toll on me. My parents, Hyun, Katie, Fred, Tonks, Lupin, all of them.

"Ready to go?" He whispered in my ear. I nodded and we apperated in front of our new house.

It was a cosy little place, a cottage that wasn't too old.

It was quite big in reality, covered in trees and flowers. For each death, I had planted a tree, to symbolise new life.

I pushed open the door and walked in slowly. I sat down on the couch in the room next door and Cedric sat next to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked. His hair was still messy but tousled just in the right places, his grey eyes kind and soft. He had been crying, of course he had, he was friends with her too.