My little Romeo

Monday 3rd November
Say anything
(Y/N)'s pov
~•~

I'm eight months pregnant. It was difficult to do the simplest things like bend over to pick up a pencil or to sleep of my stomach.

"Cedric?"

"Yes?" Cedric was always by my side through all of this though.

"Do you have to go to work today?"

"I mean probably, why?" He came up behind me and hugged me from behind.

"Can you stay?" I leaned my head back onto his chest.

"Of course, I'll just call work and tell them I'm sick." He kissed my temple.

"Thank you." I mumbled. Walking away, I stumbled into our bedroom.

This baby better be worth 8 months of feeling like shit.

I brought my arms to my swollen abdomen and rubbed small circles with my thumb.

Of course the baby is, it's gonna be our little prince or princess. Don't be silly (Y/N).

I started to sit down when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. Crying out in pain, I grabbed onto the frame of the bed.

Ced rushed into the room. "What happened?"

Taking short but sharp breaths, I replied "I don't know." The pain had stopped now. "I-I think I'm in labour."

Cedric's eyes widened. He started to panic. "Let's apprarate to the hospital."

"No Ced, you can't apperate a pregnant woman!" I stressed. "Besides, the contractions are too far apart." I let out a sigh. "For now, we stay at home."

"Alright, you're the healer." The tension in his jaw relaxed. "I'll get a bag ready."

"It's all packed, in the cupboard in the hallway."

"Alright, you're always one step ahead of me." He sighed and sat down next to me.

"Can you get the Floo powder ready?"

"On it." He stood up and slid out of the room. When he was gone for a while, another wave of pain crashed into me.

My face scrunched up to stop myself from screaming.

That was about a 7 minute gap.

I went to grab my phone that was on the bedside table. I dialled Gracie's number and the phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"Gracie, it's (Y/N)."

"Oh hey, what's up?"

"I think I'm in labour. Can you come round?" I said far too casually.

"Oh shi- I'll be right there. Are you upstairs?"

"Mhm."

"Alright." I drummed the bedside table, waiting for more surges of pain. She stayed on the line with me, waiting for anything to happen.