First day

Jordan's POV:

The first day back at work has been good so far. It feels great to be back with the girls again and do what I love the most. The only thing bothering me right know is what happened in the locker room before our first football session. I acted like a complete idiot, Leah must wonder what's wrong with me. I really need to speak to her before this day comes to an end, otherwise things between us will become kinda awkward.

————————————————————

Leah's POV:

So, first training with the team went good. It actually turned out to go much better than I expected. During the practice I chatted a lot with Alex as I did the most of the drills with her as well. We mostly talked about subjects that helped us get to know each other better. No one of us mentioned Jordan during our whole conversation, which in some way were nice, then I could focus on the drills and just do my thing out there.

When we got back in the locker room I had nearly forgot about her existence. I know it sounds strange, but that's what happens when I'm in my own bubble a little too long I guess... Sometimes I just get so concentrated that I'm no longer aware of what happens in my surrounding.

This day has just begun and I'm pretty sure it's going to be a long one. Now we're heading for lunch, then there's a gym session and the second, but also last, football session of the day.

"Leah, you wanna come with me to grab some lunch?" Alex asks.

"Yeah, sure." I say.

I followed Alex to the dining room. As Alex and I were the last ones to leave our locker room, most of the seats were already taken. The only empty ones were on a table with Dan and Jordan, so me and Alex made our way over to them with our food. I got a bit nervous when I realized I had to sit at the same table as Jordan, so on our way there I let out a question for Alex to answer.

"Do you think she could handle the situation well, or will she just freak out as she did earlier today?" I let out, probably sounding a bit scared, not knowing how she would react to my sort of random question.

Alex didn't need that much time to think of an answer, as she immediately said "I don't know, to be honest. But what I do know is that she is at least as nervous as you. This behavior isn't like her at all, for as long as I've known her she has never acted like this when having new teammates around".

I'm lucky to have Alex around, she always comforts me when I'm concerned and she makes me feel at home whenever I need it. This really shows why she's the one who's the team captain.

When we finally got to their table, both Dan and Jordan had stopped talking, as if they had a secret meeting or something. This made me feel a bit uncomfortable, which Alex seemed to notice as she put her hand on my shoulder in order to make me feel safe.

————————————————————

Jordan's POV:

Me and Dan were sitting in the dining room, eating our lunch. We picked a table further away from the other girls, just in case Dan were going to bring up the Leah subject again. I don't want to embarrass myself in front of the other girls, especially not for the second time today. I can't help it, but when we're talking about Leah, I can't control myself nor my emotions.

Me and Dan were in a conversation when I suddenly saw Leah and Alex in the doorway. I suppose they were looking for empty seats, as the dining room nearly was full by now. They started to walk in our direction, as the only empty seats happened to be at mine and Dan's table. Dan haven't noticed it yet, as she continued to tease me about Leah. According to her, I had apparently been staring at her at training as well as in our locker room. I tried my best to silence Dan, as I made sure I wasn't screaming this time.

Just before they arrived I succeeded with my mission. Both Alex and Leah were looking at us like we were stupid. It was probably because we stopped talking as soon as they came nearby. Once again I had made Leah uncomfortable, not on purpose of course, but it was clear she felt unsure because of me.

The first five minutes passed by in an awkward silence, without anyone saying something, everyone were just eating their lunch. I decided to try break the silence, trying to make the situation less awkward than it already is.

"So..." I began, figuring out what to say. "As I already know Dan and Alex very well, how about you telling a bit about yourself Leah? And then we can tell something about ourselves so you get to know us better too. But only if you want to of course..." I finished it off, realizing I've talked for too long.

"Sounds good to me!" Leah says, with that confidence in her voice that she showed earlier today. "I've already got to know Alex really good as we've been hanging out all day, and no one could possibly say they don't recognize you. I mean, you're a very familiar face in women's football so I think I know most stuff about you tho... Or erm, that must have sound creepy, I didn't mean it in that way, I meant...". She struggled a bit in the end, as she found it hard to finish her sentence.

I though it would be nice to help her out, so my voice were calm, as I said "It's okay, I understand what you meant."

Leah started to tell us about herself, and I'm not lying when I say I could listen to her all day if I want to. I just love her confidence, especially how she uses it when she talks. Her voice is just lovely too, I can't get enough of it.

————————————————————

Leah's POV:

Now I'm sitting down talking to Alex, Dan and Jordan. All of them are listening carefully to what I'm saying. Suddenly I see, in the corner of my eye, that Jordan are staring at me once again today, she's not just looking at me like the others. By the look on their faces, I assume that both Dan and Alex have noticed it too.

The rest of the day passed by pretty fast. We've already done our gym session for today, and the last football session is now underway, near to come to an end as well.

I don't know how, but somehow me and Jordan have a good connection on the pitch, both of us seem to understand one another really well. We're both good at reading the game. Today I've done many great passes to her, my passing ability is actually one of the reasons I got promoted to this team. Jordan seem to like my passes as well, and I can't deny that she scores great goals, most of her shoots are world class. I can't lie, that's just how good she is.

After the session, Jordan walks towards me. She stops in front of me and starts talking to me.

"Good job today, I see you feel at home already!" She says, with a big smile on her face.

"Well, thanks I guess?" I reply, with a bit of sarcasm.

"I'm serious... I really mean it! I feel like... we have a good connection out there, your long balls are perfect. I think it's hard for one to ask for better passes..." Jordan says, a little nervous as she didn't get my joke.

"Yeah Jordan, I know you were serious. Calm down, it was a joke! And thank you by the way, your goals were awesome as always. It's actually way funnier to play with you than I could ever imagine, we do link up very well don't we?" I say, smiling back at her.

"Yeah, don't get me wrong now, but I absolutely love the way you play. You will for sure be in that starting lineup in no time!" Jordan responded.

"Ohhhh, so that's the reason you've completely stared me out all day. You though of how good I am at defending, and obviously how good I am at deliver good passes up the field. Well, then I might accept it!" I tease.

By the time I say that, Jordan's face goes bright red, as she blushes.

"Just let me explain. It.. erm, it's not what you might think." She says quietly.

"I'm just joking with you!" I say. "Let's go inside, it's awfully cold out here!"

She nodded and followed me back inside. Right now I feel like we're going to be good friends. She wasn't that bad as I first thought at the beginning of the day. Who knows where this friendship might be going? I'm really looking forward to get closer to her and get to know her even better. Is it even possible to feel more excited than I'm feeling right now?