25

When we arrived at the cabin, we found Hunter's truck sitting in the driveway

When we arrived at the cabin, we found Hunter's truck sitting in the driveway. Katya was standing next to the passenger door. She turned when she saw returning. Her eyes moving from Sage and then back to me.

"You two are marked," she stated.

The driver's door closed. A second later, Hunter stepped around the head of the truck to greet us. He did a similar observation.

"Does Judah know?" Hunter asked.

I nodded, shoving my hands into my jean pockets. The sky was still gloomy and grey with a rumbling threat that it would rain soon again. I glanced down at Sage before gesturing with my head for her to head inside first. It was getting windier outside and she had a large bag in her arm.

Sage turned to my sister. "I grabbed some slices of chocolate cake from my parent's house. My grandma made them. I wouldn't mind sharing."

Obviously, Sage wanted Katya to step inside the cabin to ward off the cold and to share some chocolate cake because of Katya's fragile pregnancy. Katya nodded her head and they walked inside together.

I turned to the man that I looked up to and raised me. I remember many nights he would stay awake watching over Katya and me while we slept. I think he was half afraid we would run because that was what we have been doing for the most part of our lives. Trusting Hunter and the pack was a process. It didn't happen overnight. Even with the bond between my sister and him, she wouldn't allow him close to her.

Hunter broke into a smile.

"Did he take it well?" Hunter asked.

I smirked. "Better than I thought."

"I'm guessing Rosemary was there as well."

I nodded and took out one hand in my pocket to run through my hair while I glanced inside the cabin. I catch Sage placing a plate of sliced cake in front of Katya and a cup of milk. Hunter's eyes followed my direction.

"How is she doing?" I asked.

He sighed in frustration. "Your sister refuses to talk to me about the pregnancy. She hides all the information during her visits. She's about three months along. I just want to know if everything is okay. I feel like she's falling back to her old self again. She won't talk to me."

"Did she tell you everything that happened at the camp?" I questioned.

He frowned while rummaging through his brain for memories and conversations he had with Katya. I don't know if he knew the real reason Katya was scared. Hunter massaged the area between his eyes and sighed.

"I know she's afraid of giving birth because of your mother. She delivered your stillborn baby sister," he said with a wave of his hand.

"There is more to it. She's frightened of giving birth but there is something else. You need her to tell you."