35

LIAM

The pain in my head intensified. It was a throbbing, crushing pain that caused my eyes to become overly sensitive and my hearing increased. I can hear everyone's heartbeat and breathing. Growling in pain, I crumbled on top of Sage.

"It's for your own good," I said after swallowing the dryness in my throat. My voice still came out a little hoarser than I wanted.

She snorted in an unladylike fashion, "Don't treat me like a child."

"You are a juvenile," I replied.

"Was. I was one," she corrected me.

"It doesn't matter," I growled, feeling my own irritation growing.

"You know what? I don't care. Think whatever you want. It is clear that you don't want me. So, why do I care?" she argued before spinning on her feet and walking away.

In a blink of an eye, I made my way to her. She let out a squeak of surprise just as her back slammed up against the tree and not too light too. She's starting to rile my beast up and it was best to put her in her place while I still could.

My legs locked her in. Her hands pinned above her. I leaned down to look at the ethereal prey that I have caught so easily.

"That Collins's temper. Fierce and irrational." I trailed the back of my fingers down her cheek to her neck. I wrapped my hands around her neck and squeezed tightly. Instead of cowering in fear, she lifted her chin and leveled her eyes with me.

A flash of bright and defiant olive eyes flashed in my mind. The throbbing increased and I release a cry of pain. My claws were lengthening in fear. My body was shaking to the pain. I knew I was losing control. I hear a soft, sweet laugh and the voice of Sage.

"You won't win this fight, Liam. Let it go. Let your true self show. Stop fighting the inevitable," Silvia urged from a distance.

My eyes flashed open and I snarled in her direction. Shaking terribly, I crawled over Sage's body and pulled myself into a standing position. She was unconscious behind me. I still don't understand what Sage was to me. I only knew I couldn't do it. Something inside of me was shouting and twisting.

Silvia took several steps back. Her eyes were hard and determined. They were cold and ominous, unlike Sage's soft and warm ones.

"I'm your mate, Liam," Silvia said but I can smell the wariness rolling off from her.

With each step I took towards her, she took one back.

Another memory flashed across my mind. I winced as pain throbbed between my eyes. It was excruciating and pounding.

"Are we mates?" she asked directly.

"Isn't it obvious?" I replied.

"You told me to stay away from you but you told Tommy that you are my mate. Do you realize by telling everyone what it means?" she scolded.

"He needs to know," I told her.

She rolled her eyes and got straight to the question that she was here to asked. "What do you want, Liam?"

You.

I don't know what was real or what was fake. The pictures that Silvia showed me, they looked real but the memories that were appearing in my mind can't be simple imagination. I won't be able to conjure up memories like this out of nowhere. They had to mean something, right?