fourteen

author's note
- hello! 😁 i hope everyone is having a good day ahead. a very big thanks i bid to dear readers, for helping me achieve my goals of one milion views in just two months of this fanfic's release. thank you so much, everyone!

i also hope that this little works of mine will as well motivate my readers to write fanfics as well. english is not my first lamguage, but i am very motivated when some of you pursued me to continue although i almost give up with the twisted storyline. that's all from me, happy reading

+

pillar meeting,
ubuyashiki estate

"before i proceed to the master's last suggesstion for our meeting today, i would like to talk to shigure-sama personally after this. the rest of the respected pillars can proceed to discussing while i am taking her with me for a while"

"me? i wonder what's so important..."

"personal task maybe? man, so lucky."

sanemi glared his sharp eyes at shigure, while the female paid her attention fully to amane ubuyashiki. she was wondering of the possibility of what will happen to her soon. maybe a matter that is very important? who knows.

she stood up and trailed after the mother of five, bowing down to the other pillars . the sliding door was shut close as soon as the four of them walked out. both kiriya and kanata walked beside her, heads up looking to the front.

later, amane slides a door to a small room. she ushered the shadow pillar to have a sit while she will be looking forward for something to award her with.

"don't worry, you will not join the training. oyakata-sama decided to send you off for a seperate task."

"shigure-sama, please try this on."

"what the... ?"

the white haired young woman handed her a folded dark magenta kimono, which is embroidered with pale pink flower prints and some geometric details. it looks fancy and outstanding, making shigure unable to take her eyes off the well-made kimono.

"oyakata-sama has requested me to tell you that you will become the representatives to welcome new demon slayers next week. based on the reports we achieved, there are thirty candidates who have started their one week survival on the mountain with demons spawning there. i will tell you the details later via kasugaigarasu."

"why... why did oyakata-sama suggested me?"

shigure shrugged some thoughts off her shoulder, placing the expensive looking outfit onto her lap as she asked for any detail.

"i am sorry, he never told me anything about it. if he ever does, i will inform you later. our master kiriya had to attend a leading class during the day so we have no one to replace him. i hope this matter won't burden you in the first place."

"very well, i accept your proposal."

+

after a discussion made in between the member of the demon slayer corps' pillars, everyone nodded in agreement as amane-sama suggested a pillar training session.

tsuguko, also known as the successor of a pillar usually trained under them personally regarding honing their swordsmanship and even perfecting breath techniques. later, as the pillar decided to retire or countered death, the tsuguko will be the next pillar in row.

for the case of the training regiment, all demon slayers no matter their ranks or experiences needs to undergo the training arc. even the pillars themselves, need to attend each other's practice to sharpen their specific disadvantages and forging their power to the utmost.

on her way home from the pillar meeting, shigure went to the butterfly estate once again. she was convinced, along with shinobu, by the rest of the pillar to tell that the rest of the demon slayers who are still healing about the training regiment in the first place, so that they will be prepared.

two little nurses, kiyo and sumi, who helps out at the estate greets them by the door, welcoming the girls in.

"shigure-san, i think i am going to take my bath. you tell them, okay?"

they parted way as shinobu made her way to her bedroom while the two girls peered behind the dark haired to the patients dorm. starting from the female wards to male wards. there are noises from the male wards, so, she ccored that it must have been the chatters of the usually loud boar headed guy, the one he doesn't know the name or maybe zenitsu.

"genya-kun! you have to eat them! how are you gonna heal if you refuse?"

"genya-san, eat this potato please!"

kiyo pulled at the knob to let the door open. there, the loud noises was shut to an avid silence for a moment. aoi, being rather a hot tempered person, was nagging with tunes of persuasion in her words towards genya shinazugawa.

on the other bed, tanjirou waved at her. shigure chuckled, smiling a warm smile before pressing her index finger to her lips. tanjiro, who immediately understand the signal proceeds for a short good nap.

"your limbs are still healing, hey, let naho feed you!"

the mohawk haired however, stayed in silence and stared nervously at his bowl of rice. when shigure gazed at his limbs, it seems like he is still healing from broken or fractured bone. he wasn't eating well and being picky, especially when the girls are around. his face was deep red too, due to being super shy around girls. much like sanemi does around the three female pillars.

"you two, slow down a bit."

shigure interrupted the negotiation, thus making both aoi and naho retreated from pursuing genya to eat. aoi walked behind shigure, catching the shadow pillar's attention by whispering something to her ears.

"very well..."

shigure, having heard in secret from mitsuri that genya can turn into a temporary demon grew a tint of curiousity in herself. a demon slayer who cannot use breaths but come out with an alternatives with bullet loaded guns and demon possession. such a rare sight of a human in the middle of humanity and demonic realm.

if only sanemi, the wind pillar, had heard about the matter from mitsuri or muichiro, then genya will be finished. he never know the younger one are one of the rookie demon slayer.

"shinazugawa-kun, eat up."

shigure placed the chopstick naho handed over to her onto his platter. the male just nodded, staring onto the foods. he has never felt the feeling of not being able to eat much, as much as he consumed before as if his senses of taste and appetizes has been blown away.

slowly, he inserted a slice of potato into his mouth, without even bothering to glance up at shigure at all.

"i heard you trained with himejima-san, right?"

"y-yes... i do. do you need anything else?"

genya's words become very smooth and casual, unlike what he heard from tanjiro. somehow, after two years, he has become that much of a man himself. having himself personally trained under the care of gyomei himejima, the stone pillar, is one thing none others have the chance to get.

"a few weeks ahead, a pillar training session will be held. every demon slayers need to comprehend and follow up with the training. i hope you will be a good boy to send this message to others as well."

she got up from her seat, bowing her head a little. genya finally bring his head up, seeing her little smile. she is deifnitely a pillar, obviously.

"hey, do you... know sanemi?"

"i do."

"i want to meet him... but-"

"sigh... shinazugawa-kun, i think it'sbetter if you listen to himejima-san's advice."

after that, she leaves the ward, the estate and heads to her home. meanwhile, genya just sat on his bed confused.

"why.. why are those people... tanjiro, himejima-san, that girl pillar... tries to avoid me from meeting him?"