seventeen

morning knocked by the door of the land of rising sun. deep in forest, on the vacant area where demon slayers who passed final selection assembled, a young lady was standing on stone slabs.

she have porcelain pale skin, enchanting maroon eyes and dressed beautifully in dark colored kimono attire.

she is the beauty of her clan, the plump face that she inherited from the uzui bloodline.

the rustling of thick bushes interrupted her sharp earsight. shigure shifted her body to her left side, glancing while locating the possible source of the noises.

"seems like i have visitors..."

just as she was about to unsheathe her sword, zenitsu yelped out as soon as inosuke accidentally stepped on his toes. the three of them lose balance, stumbling clumsily and at last tripped down iver on the ground.

"my my, what brings all of you here, i wonder?"

she walked gracefully towards them. as soon as her silhoutte towered over them, the boys silently get up on their feets, ready to face any consequences for eardropping the senior.

shigure is as fearless as a tiger. her words can be very comforting but sometimes, her enchanting voice was as sharp as assasin's blade. it is as simple as the young adult has a sharp tongue and judgemental being, but then well layered with her composed nature.

"had it not been the law of your being as a human, not one of those pathetic demon, i bet i wouldn't spare you the last breath."

shigure complained, though in a soft voice. then, picking up inosuke's boar head that flew to her side as soon as they all fell down. she handed it over, extending her two hands towards the boys to stand up. the raven haired youth harshly took his property back.

"we've just finished our training with himejima-san! looking forward for yours as well!"

"me? ah, sorry... i doesn't participate in the pillar training..."

tanjirou tilted his head to the right. shigure chuckled, shaking her head side to side and blinked several times, before poking on the bridge of his nose as soon as tanjirou seems to lose in his thoughts.

he have never seen someone dressed like her, having face smeared with simple yet stunning make up. it is as if he was watching an oiran approaching him, graceful and petite.

as soon as she explained the situation of how she will not participate ina ny training regardless of the must be, the boys nodded as a sign of agreement. they later trailed behind shigure to home.

+

"is it good?"

shigure settled down a tray of rice balls. inosuke is the first to reach out for the plum and various assorted fruit flavour stuffed foods, taking a large chomp. the night has returned, and it is currently midnight. shigure prepared supper for them.

tanjirou and zenitsu both prefers to chat with her, while shigure pours fresh green tea into their cups. genya, who was sitting fathest from the shadow pillar joined inosuke's eating session.

"it's delicious! thanks!"

tanjirou exclaimed, placing a hand over his left chest and bowed his head a bit low. zenitsu glanced at him, following after tanjirou's action.

"nah, it's nothing. foods are incomparable to one's life, am i right? i am thankful to you three, for being there when my family's life is at risk."

compared to both shinobu and mitsuri, tanjirou is more charmed to shigure. the way she rearrange her words when she speak and her grace but fierce acts are truly amazing. in addition, she is just two years older that him, but have the brighter mind. he somehow hopes that the day he faced the real battle, he will have the perfect wits to defeat his opponent.

"genya? do you need some more?"

shigure passed a cup of green tea towards genya. being as awkward as he is around counter gender to him, genya accepted her offer, but remained silence until tanjirou interrogated in to barge a random story.

"do you need anything else?"

shigure noticed that tanjirou's eyes went straight staring towards the display of old, classic kimono hanging at the wall. shigure glanced to her back and smiled, tapping on the table to wake the maroon haired up.

"do you think nezuko will like them?"

tanjirou snapped back to reality, blinking rapidly. faint pink blushes smeared across his cheeks, then, he sloppily scratched his head  in total embarrassment. 

"i... i promised that if i ever get to live long, after the few days i joined the corpse i will buy her a new kimono-"

"uhm, miss shigure... it's getting late so c-can we go and sleep now?"

right when tanjirou was about to tell her a story, one of the demon slayers interrupted, asking for her permission to leave for their room since the sky has darkened past midnight.

"oh sure, good night boys! tanjirou will follow up later!"

"eh??"

tanjirou's eyes widened. the girl then winked, asking him to not to stop storytelling abruptly.

"care to explain more?"

+

at the crack of dawn, tanjirou becomes the last to wake up. all of the slayers then took their baths and have breakfast prepared by the generous girl before leaving.

shigure's sister, makio, leaves a message to the boys, stating that shigure have an emergency pillar meeting to attend. she apologizes in advance if there's any lacking during their stay at the uzui residence.

right when tanjirou wanted to pick his sheated katana he left at the hallroom, he noticed a medium sized box that is wrapped in white cloth with a small note on top besides the weapon.

the maroon haired flashed a bright smile, unwrapoing the box to seek for the content. he was overjoyed, but then he quickly wraps the box back when the others called for him to be quick.

"kimono for nezuko :)"

+

author's note

how long has it been? 2 months with no update? akdjjfkd

im deeply sorry. i'm losing motivation, that's all. im not active in wattpad, but you guys loves my fanfics so i didnt dare to let them rot 〒_〒

my deep apology to dear reader 💖
catch up to me in ig @miikasketch