Chapter 19.2

Roman's POV:

I stop by Virgil's house at around seven thirty, I hope he hasn't left yet. But why would he? It's too early for him to leave, right?

      Patton reassures me that he probably hasn't left yet. Logan asks why I haven't just sent him a message. I sigh.

     "I wanted to surprise him, Specs."

     "Why?"

     I shrug, "I find the way he gets flustered when I do nice things for him to be...endearing."

     Logan raises an eyebrow.

     Patton giggles, "Roman likes Virgil."

     I laugh, "Yes, I suppose I do. But don't tell him...that is also a surprise."

     Patton giggles again, "Okay."

     Logan rolls his eyes, "Wouldn't it be simpler to just tell him?"

     I smirk, "I don't know, Logan. Why don't you try that approach and let me know how that works," I say with an implicative glance at Patton.

His face flushes red, "That's what I thought." I say with a chuckle.

Patton looks back and forth between us, a confused expression on his face, "Did I miss something?"

Logan hurries to change the subject, "It is incredibly likely that he merely got an early start, we may be waiting for nothing."

     "Trust me, I seriously doubt he's even fully awake right now," I mumble.

     "How do you know?"

Before I can answer Logan, Virgil walks out of his door. He pauses when he sees us, I wave to him. He slowly walks up to the car.

"What are you doing here?" He asks as he opens the door.

"Picking you up for school," I say nonchalantly.

     He cocks his head to the side, the makeup around his eyes makes him look like a confused puppy, "Why?"

     I smile, "Because I can. Now, get in."

I swear I see a hint of a blush beneath his foundation as he climbs into the car, "Thank you," he whispers softly.

"Anytime."

We pull away from his house and head towards the school, I keep glancing over to Virgil, but he isn't paying attention.

Patton's POV:

I poke Logan's arm, "Yes, Patton?" He says, not looking up from his phone.

"Logan," I whine, "Talk to me, please."

I see the corner of his mouth turn up slightly, "I am talking to you, Patton."

"No, like, really talk to me."

     He sets his phone down, "Alright."

     I wait for him to say something else, he doesn't.

He rolls his hand in a 'go on' motion, "Well?"

"Well, What?" I ask, confused.

He sighs and shakes his head, "Talk, Patton. You said you wanted to talk?"

"Oh," I give a little laugh, "I don't know what to talk about now."

"Hm," he smiles, "Well, then I suppose we'll have to think of something then, won't we?"

I laugh, "Yeah, I guess so."

Author's Note:
This is a short little piece, but things are fixing to get really intense. So, I hope you're all prepared. :)