Chapter 9

Tyler's POV

Jameson called to let me know that Antonio Ferrari was on his way up to see me. I don't like that at all.

My office door burst open and I was about to yell at whoever didn't knock when I realized it was Antonio.

"Antonio when a door is closed you are suppose to knock" I said standing up watching him while he takes a seat in one of my chairs, "what can I do for you on this fine day.

"I need you to check into this business I plan on swiping from my enemy's feet. I want to make sure everything is legit and I need a second pair of eyes." He said in a thick Italian accent.

I take a moment to think about it. Antonio might be feared gang leader but he isn't cruel. I've check into a couple of places for him before he take control of them. He like to make sure they aren't doing any type of underground business that would fuck with his reputation.

"Sure thing, how long do I have to gather the information?" I questioned.

"About 2 weeks, I need this one to be quick before the catch on to what I am doing. They are very suspicious. So do your little hacking thing and I will pay you double your usual.

He leaned forward resting his elbows on his knees while looking at me. I pondered his deal for a bit making it seem like I wouldn't do it but in the end I always do.

"Deal." I said holding out my hand. He shakes my hand and got up , instead of walking out the door like I expected he walks over to the windows. He cross his arms across his chest and sighed.

"I'll be watching you, as always. So don't screw up. I also seen you been quietly busy in the last two months ." He looks over at me.

I was slightly confused at first before it dawned on me. "That would be my mothers doing." I said. My phone pinged but I ignored it, not wanting to pick it up while I'm in a meeting.

"Ahh." He muttered while still staring down at the buildings. My building had 80 floors, definitely towering over a lot of other building but also not the tallest. My phone pinged again and I quickly looked at the desk draw that I put my phone in. Looking back over to Antonio I see him also looking at the draw.

"Well I'll be on my way, seems like you have other business to attend to." He said. I stood up and shook his hand muttering a bye. He walked out of my office closing the door behind him.

Opening up the draw I took out my phone and see I have it was Kiara that messaged me. I smiled surprised that she texted me back. It was 12pm so she either was ignoring me or just waking up.

I opened my her message and was surprised but also happy at what I read.

Baby mama: "good afternoon , sorry I'm just now getting up the day."

Baby mama: "my friend convinced me to give you a chance so.... we can be friends."

I just up from my chair excited that she's finally going to stop pushing me away. This is my chance to make her my baby mama for real. That's why I change her name in my phone, I figured it fit her perfectly. Other men might turn down a single women that's pregnant, but I don't care. I'm not afraid of kids. Yeah it might not be my son or daughter but I'll be the best replacement.

I realize that I haven't texted back yet so I sent her a message to let her know that I'm happy we could be friends.... maybe even be more than friends I chuckle to myself.

Me: "ahh finally. I would love for us to be friends :)."

Me: "would you like to go out for a late lunch with me today ?"