The Voice in my Head

Vergil slapped the file folder onto the table, sitting in the chair next to it.

"Open it Vergil!" I whined, "The suspense is killing me!"

"Calm down, Calm down. Hold your horses."

He pried the folder open, pulling the contents out. They were pictures.... of us. It was as if someone was stalking us, snapping pictures of us every time we left the house.

"How.... unnerving. " Vergil said, pulling a piece of paper out from between two pictures. There were words scrawled on the parchment, red ink that resembled blood. On it was a creepy message.

I know what you are.

I furrowed my brow, "That's not creepy at all. Who's it from?"

Vergil's brow furrowed, "I have no idea. I don't recognize the writing."

I thought for a moment,"New worker?"

He shrugged, "Doubt it."

Dante walked in the room, rubbing his eyes, "Whatchya got there?"

"Someone's spying on us."

Double take from Dante, "Probably cause I look so good." He flexed his arms, admiring his muscles.

Vergil scoffed, shaking his head, "You're a goof ball."

"We all know I'm better looking."

"We're twins, Dante."

Dante smirked, "I'm the prettier one."

I rolled my eyes, "Guys, this is serious business."

Vergil agreed, "I want to know who this came from. Whoever this is, it's obvious they can be a threat to us. We need to take them down."

"You know very well who it is."

I snapped my head up, "What?"

Vergil and Dante stared at me, "What?"

"You guys must have said something."

Vergil shrugged, glancing up at clueless Dante.

"They already know much about you. They are everywhere, yet they are not visible to you. They are hidden."

I scrambled back, "Okay, quit the act guys. This isn't funny."

"Cassi, we aren't saying anything!"

"Kill him, before he kills you."

It was a voice. In my head. It was too quiet to tell whether it was a female or male, but it was there all the same. I understood every word it said.

"STOP!"

Vergil was out of his chair in seconds, "Whats wrong?"

"The voice!"

"What voice?"

"It was telling me that a guy knew too much and I needed to kill him!"

Vergil looked at Dante, "I didn't hear anything."

Dante shook his head, "Me neither."

I backed away from them, "I'm not crazy. I swear it was there. I swear I am not lying about this voice!"

Vergil stared at me.

I'm not crazy...... Am I?