Ghosts do Exist

Dante stared at me blankly. Vergil's look told me everything. They thought I was crazy.

I backed away from them, "Vergil, you KNOW I'm not crazy!"

"I never said you were, Cassi. Who did this voice sound like?"

I tried to remember, "Uh... I couldn't tell. But I KNOW it was there!"

Vergil sighed, "Listen to this voice, tell me if you hear it again. If you do, I want to know right away. Let's focus on the matter of this mysterious folder."

I nodded, my stomach dropping at his tone when he said the voice. He didn't believe me?

Dante inspected one of the pictures of us, "Wow Vergil, you look like shit in this picture!"

Vergil swiped the picture from him, "You look like shit all the time."

"Ha. We're twins, Vergil. Twins."

"But, Dante, I'm the pretty one."

They stared at eachother for a couple of seconds before chuckling in union.

I smiled slightly, too worried about the voice to really appreciate the moment. I decided to listen closely for it from now on. I needed to find out who it was.

Vergil and Dante sifted through the papers, looking for any type of evidence. I cocked my head slightly.

"Vergil?"

"Yes love," he said without looking up.

"I think I know who sent this."

His head snapped up, "Who? How could you possibly know?"

"Well... the voice said 'They are every where but hidden.' Wouldn't that mean the secret agents? The CIA?"

Vergil was quiet for a second, "Well..."

"Makes sense."

Dante nodded, "The damn SWAT destroyed the last Order building. Why couldn't this be them?"

Vergil thought for a moment, "Yes. Sufficient evidence. Definitely a motive there. But why didn't they attack us? Stop us before we have a chance to attack?"

"They know what we are. They'd have to be careful."

Vergil cast me an appraising glance. I blushed and looked away. This would make PERFECT sense! They never got us the first time, and with the Demon King dead, they'd want their revenge! The pieces of the puzzle were finally falling in place.

Vergil stared at the table, silent. I watched him carefully, glancing up at Dante. He too had his eyes locked on Vergil.

"What're you thinkin' bro?"

"I think... I think we should gather intelligence. Proof. Both in Limbo, and out. Dante, why don't you go to Hellfire and see what you can find. Keep a low profile. Cassi, since you can't go in between worlds as smoothly as we can, why don't you accompany me to the CIA Headquarters. We shall see what we can find."

~o0o~

I shifted uncomfortably in the front seat. Vergil was driving to the headquarters and I was with him. My butt hurt from sitting for half an hour straight and I was bored out of my mind.

"Are we there yet?"

Vergil scoffed, "No. We still have two hours."

I groaned, "Why did I agree to this? "

"Because you love me."

"I shoulda brought a book or my drawing notebook or my story or SOMETHING."