Chapter 13

Bakugou's POV~

Half and half showed up a while later. Izuku was fast asleep and Ei and I were just holding him close to us.

Neither of us really knew what to think about the whole situation. We weren't mad at him. We couldn't be mad about something like that. We could dislike it, but not be mad.

They killed his fucking sister, what'd anyone expect him to do? He broke down and lashed out. If someone killed my fucking family I'd end their miserable existence to. No one could blame him for what he did. Besides, from what he told us, it was technically self defense. He still wasn't a criminal in our eyes.

Ei heard the knock on the door first, so he said he would go answer it. He left and a few seconds later Icyhot came sprinting into our room. He froze when he saw Izuku sleeping, some what peacefully.

The poor bastard had teary eyes and for the first time, I saw something on his face besides indifference or superiority.

I knew he needed Izu right then just as much as the smaller boy needed him. I gently nudged him awake. "Baby, Shoto's here." I said softly, purposefully using his first name. It was the only thing Izu called him, I didn't want to say Todoroki and upset him. It was a weird train of thought, but I don't think anyone disagreed with me.

He looked up at me, his eyebrows scrunched up. He sat up and looked at Icyhot, realization crossing his face as he took in his disheveled appearance. "Sh-Sho-" He said, cutting himself off with a sob. Half and half rushed over to him, kneeling on the side of the bed, pulling him into his arms.

I quietly got up and left the room, pulling Ei with me. They needed some time. I was an asshole, but I wasn't that much of an asshole.

Izuku's POV~

Shoto held me tightly in his arms. I was full on sobbing and from the tremors I could feel coming from him, he was crying as well. "Sh-she's gone!" I said, grabbing onto his shirt and pulling him impossibly closer to me. I needed someone, a rock to ground me, or I wouldn't be able to manage.

"I know." He said, his voice cracking.

"I-it's all my fault." I whimpered. If I had gone with her, I could have protected her. I could have fought back before anyone was hurt. I could have done something.

He pulled back, making me look him in the eyes, which were red from crying. "It was not your fault. It wasn't anyone's fault except for the bastards that killed her. Do not blame yourself. She wouldn't want you to." He said seriously. I just nodded as I felt a new batch of tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Sh-she'd stab me if she knew I was blaming myself." I said with a broken laugh.

He let out one that matched. "Yeah, and don't think for a moment she doesn't know. She's probably figuring out how she can smack some sense into you as we speak."

I don't know why, but the thought that she was still actively watching over all of us, was comforting. I had never really thought about death like that before. I didn't really believe in God or Heaven or any of that. I always thought that once we died, that was it, we were just dead. But thinking that there was something after death, even if it is just watching over the people you loved in life, it was a reassuring thought.

It was quiet for a while, both of us just thinking. I was sure his thoughts weren't pretty, as my own were plaguing me, but I didn't want to interrupt him just yet. Eventually I knew I needed to though.

"What's gonna happen now?" I asked him in a whisper.

"The same thing that happened when we lost Big Sis. We'll never forget her, but we can't stop living. We just live for them now. Any time we feel lost or like giving up, we think of them and keep pushing through." He explained, taking a deep, shaky breath. I nodded in understanding and continued to cling to him. I just wanted my big brother right then.