Chapter 14

Izuku's POV~

When I woke up, I was still cuddled up to Kacchan, but Eiji was gone. I quickly sat up and started look for him in a blind panic. 'What happened to him? Is he okay?'

"Baby, calm down! He's fine, he's fine." Kacchan said, grabbing my waist to keep me from leaving his lap. "He got called in to work, but he should be back soon." He explained.

That didn't do a lot to calm my nerves. Hero work was dangerous. What if he wasn't back soon? What if he wasn't back ever?

"K-Kacchan, I'm scared." I whispered, as intrusive thoughts took over my mind. I was running through all the different possibilities of what could possibly happen to Eijirou while on duty.

Kacchan pulled me into his chest and put his head on mine. "Don't be, he'll be perfectly fine. I've been working with him since our first year in high school, he's more than capable. He wouldn't be the number three hero if he wasn't." Kacchan said, trying to ease my rising anxiety.

"But even the number one heroes can die! I mean, look at All Might!" I said frantically into his chest.

"Everyone can die, Izuku. Besides, he wasn't killed by an accident or something. The League-" He cut himself off.

I flinched at where this conversation was going. It wouldn't end well for me.

He pushed me back, but just enough so he could actually see me. "He was killed by the League of Villains." He said slowly, trying to comprehend what that meant.

I knew how much Kacchan looked up to him. When we were kids, that's all we'd talk about, All Might and becoming pros like him. This was going to kill him to find out.

I slowly nodded in confirmation.

He sucked in a breath of air and looked away from me. Before our conversation could go on any longer, Eiji came home and walked into their room. He took one look at our faces and knew something was wrong.

"What happened?" He asked us, his smile dropping.

Kacchan carefully moved me off his lap and stood up. Even if he was beyond mad with me at that moment, he was still gentle and made sure not to hurt or startle me. "The League killed All Might." He murmured, not looking at either of us.

I guess they forgot about everything the League had done, when they were with me.

Or they just forgot I was apart of it.

Realization crossed Eiji's features as he looked back over at me, hurt very apparent.

I quickly moved to my knees on the edge of the bed. "You guys have to listen to me though! There's more to the story than what the pros know! You guys never bothered to listen to the villain side of things..." I said trailing off, knowing they'd probably be offended by that fact.

"It's not like-"

"Kacchan, please. Just hear me out." I said, cutting off his reasons for not knowing the whole story. I didn't want to hear something I already knew.

He kept his mouth shut tightly and waited for me to explain.

I took a deep breath and sat back, getting ready to shatter the image of their mentor and role model. "I know you guys won't believe me when I tell you this, but just hear me out okay?" I asked them. They just needed to know, even if they didn't believe it.

They both nodded hesitantly, and Eiji even came and sat on the other side of the bed, Kacchan standing a little bit behind him. Both waited for me to start.

I was wringing my hands in my lap, overly anxious and trying to hold it together long enough to tell the story. This experience didn't bring up good memories.

"Well you both know they start of it. How All Might was alerted to where we, the League, were currently staying. It had been my childhood home, where the League had been for years. Then one day, when we were all just hanging out at home, having family time and stuff, he just showed up. Everyone was fighting back, except for me. I wasn't a fighter, I was a strategist and hacker, I had no reason to be on the battle field, even if Kurogiri would have let me. I was warped back to my room. I stayed there for a few minutes before the anxiety of not knowing what was happening, got to me. I left and walked out to the fight and saw that the League was winning. Tomura was seconds away from disintegrating the pro, but I stepped in. I told them that we didn't need to kill him. We could just knock him out, pack everything up, and move to our other base. They were reluctant, but eventually agreed because, well it's hard for them to say no to me. But before we could knock him out, he broke out of the hold they had on him and he rushed at... at me." I said, taking a deep breath. I really hated thinking about that day. It was probably the scariest experience I had ever had.

I looked up at Eiji and Kacchan, both wore confused expressions.

"He... it wasn't a- I don't- I know you guys aren't going to buy this- You were always around the 'pro' side of him, the one that was always smiling and could do no wrong but- He was going to kill me. He was threatening my life in front of my family, trying to get them to surrender. Th-they just did- They just wanted to save me." I explained, taking short breaths as I tried to get a grip.

"He was probably just bluffing! All Might would have never killed anyone, let alone a kid. He wouldn't have hurt you!" Kacchan argued. I knew this would happen. He was their teacher, of course they would only see the good in him. I mean, there was a lot of good, but there was also... darkness. Desperation to finally catch the League, before his time was up. I guess the pressure got to much for him and he snapped.

"He wouldn't have hurt me?" I asked him, he nodded as I lifted my shirt up to show the wide, jagged scar I had running along my stomach. "He wouldn't have hurt me?" I asked again, my breathing getting even worse.

There were both in shock at the scar. I was a defenseless, quirkless, child, and their great role model did that to me. For trying to save his life.

Everyone has a breaking point.

"They only killed him after I was already half dead."