"ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ'ˢ ᵃ ˡᶤᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵇᶤᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵉᵛᶤˡ ᶤᶰ ᵃ ᵃᶰᵍᵉˡ ᵉʸᵉˢˑ "

Nobody knows who they truly are before facing the arch reality of life

Nobody knows who they truly are before facing the arch reality of life. The darkness that hides itself behind the curtains once the slight dim of lightness could even pass through it. By taking a closer look you could swear a slim silhouette, average height could be seen through the semi transparent fabric hidden behind the shadows.

Facing your own fears had always been something your mother had warned you about as a child and still to this day. Moving never felt easy and you tried your very best to remind yourself that in this world somewhere, someone was living worse than you could even be in right now. Your brother on the other hand didn't seemed to care at all. For him moving felt like another chore and he knew damn well he didn't need to explain himself. Especially when both of your parents were on their own clouds living their  best dreams. 

"Come on kids be more excited now would you? Tonight we are unpacking and tomorrow the both of you will be visiting our lovely neighbours."

Lovely neighbours? The house living next to yours felt rather... dead and bland. No source of living seemed to even happened in this house. Either the family went on vacations and we came late or an elderly woman or man lived there and it could explain it absence of any social interactions.

Your parents soon distracted the both of you and held you each a box with your assigned name on it. "Y/N, your room will be upstair on the right and Matthew your room will be next to us on the left."

You could sense your brother's tension. "Why does she get to have the bigger room?! The fact that I will have to spare it with you guys next to mine is just... No!"

"Face it brother, I called it dibs on that room first. It's your own fault you haven't shown up at the open house. Look, there's even a tear coming out." You chuckles and whined soon as you felt his fist nudging your arm. 

Your parents sighs and separate the both of you before a sibling fight could even happen. "Come on now you two, stop complain and get your shit together!" Your mother desperately sigh and then without a word you two start to unpack a few more boxes before finally being settled in.

"Lucky ass, aren't you Y/N." A voice too familiar speaks. You turned to face your older brother in your doorway with his arms crossed. "After all, I might prefer staying in the room mom assigned for me. Just the thought of having another room facing mine scares the shit out of me."

Rolling your eyes out of disgust you laughed. "I bet you would've have changed your mind if it was a girl next door trust me. Who even knows what is going over there. Maybe the family's dead!"

Matthew nudged your arm not believing a single word. "Cut that crap and who would even leave their car if their dead?"

"Maybe the bodies are still hidden somewhere and nobody dare to called the cops who knows, the serial killers could be living in this damn house. And we could be the next victims!" Your brother looked at you in disgust. "For someone who really does have no sympathy or any remorse, I'm surprise you still haven't got insane yet." 

"You can suck it for all I care, try me." Till this time you realized what of a mistake you did because your brother had gotten you under his wings and got you in an attack of tickles.

You tried with every strength possible to desperately escape yourself from him. Yet you had missed these moments where everything felt in ease. You had missed Dylan so much and ever since the accident it took every bits of support from each other to heal. It was hard yes but you knew all of you could find peace... Someday.

The day passed so fast that once you looked outside your window you could see the beautiful stars shining through it's darkness. As if they tried desperately to find a way to shine and show their true beauty. "Maybe this house isn't so bad after all...." Matthew looked at you with a smile embracing you into a hug.

This beautiful moment you shared was soon interrupted by your mother's voice. "Kids! Dinner's ready come down stairs please."

The both of you bolt downstairs to only be welcome with a beautiful tray of food something you haven't had in years. "What's the celebration?" You asked to your dad while offering your help to make the table.

"Your mother promised you two your favorite food for dinner and of course to celebrate our new stay to our new home." Your dad proudly smiled and walked over to his fiancé to give her a kiss.

"Not only that kids, but also the fact that we are staying in this house and not moving for the next few decades."

You two looked at each other confused, did that meant no more moving? No more worried for the next few months to make new friends? Oh joy, Matthew never felt this happier in forever. "You two are serious right?" He asked with a worried tone on his voice.

Your mother smiled at the both of you. "Of course! We signed the papers and the house is ours! Of course it needs a little bit of decoration and a new source of living. But trust me, your are in your new home now. My loves."

Somehow a sigh of relief came into you. Home. It's been a long time since you had felt this way. Where you could cuddled up in bed without any monsters under your bed or the worry of having to lock every doors and windows. You were at Home. "That's wonderful news." You then murmured while showing the best emotions you could even if you tried your hardest.

"Come on it's going to be cold now. Let's all dig in and make a big toast to our new Home!"

"To our new Home!' 

The slim silhouette kept starting at it's forward direction. It couldn't quite understand the purpose of new comings into the house. The silhouette looked at the room facing his, he tried anything in his power to have a better look to who occupied the room. A girl....?

She was about his age dark long hair slightly curvy. Yet something about her felt strangely weird as if without the slight movement she could make the atmosphere felt cold and mysterious.

"Miles." An angelic voice distracts him.

"Yes Flora?"

"Did you see we have new neighbours?" She beams out of pure excitement which made soon the boy who was hidden in the shadows, Miles smirk.

"I did. And I am beyond thrilled to meet them as well."