"ᴮᵉ ᶜᵃʳᵉᶠᵘˡ ʷʰᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗʳᵘˢᵗ˒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵉᵛᶤˡ ʷᵃˢ ᵒᶰᶜᵉ ᵃᶰ ᵃᶰᵍᵉˡˑ"

You always had this dream. This dream of a silhouette you couldn't bare to remember once woke up. Your head felt heavy soon as your eyes adjust to the light coming from it's outside.

Morning wasn't your favorite time of the day, especially after a nightmare that kept repeating itself on a loop. Strangely you looked around your surroundings, you were in your room. Yet, you remembered yourself clearly to be in the living room spending dinner with your family. You then asked yourself ; was I this sleepy to not even have the capacity to remember the past events before being placed here?

"Look who's awake." Matt, your brother stood near your doorway.

"How...?" You asked yourself not even bothering yourself to add anything else. Your brother on the other hand seemed to be fairly familiar with this habit of yours. Strangely not minding a thing about it.

"You fell asleep the moment you went back to dad's office. You were so into it that you fell asleep right there and of course, had to pick you up."

Without a word you nodded. "Now get up, mom's gone and she wants us to work on the garden while she's gone."

Work? Didn't your mother clearly told the both of you to relax once you were fully settled in? Because making yourself presentable, arranging the garden sure didn't felt like a vacation to you. "You got to be kidding me."

Your brother could only smile as an argument. You knew your mother and you both knew that. With a sigh you finally got up from your bed, you wished to stay in.

"Alright, once your done getting ready and ate breakfast, meet me at the front of the house."

With no choice in hand you did as you were told and gotten into one of the most comfortable for gardening and walked straight down to the kitchen to grab the nearest food your eyes could see and ate it.

Once outside, you saw your brother kneaded down to arrange the flowers into their respective gardening areas.

"Damn, didn't knew you were into this kind of stuff." You snorts a laugh which could only make your brother turn facing you with a smile. A smile you wanted to punch in the face, maybe once in a while.

Matt got up and handed you a pack of flowers and some mud. "Go over there while you can, make the garden just like mom does."

"Yes, sir." Rolling your eyes with annoyance you approached to the garden requested to be well fed with water, mud and the flowers your mother had just happened to bought yesterday.

Somehow gardening felt calm and with the beautiful weather it was receiving you couldn't complain. Not until, someone's foot got into your way. You were beyond mad it was this point. "You son of a bitch! Look what you—"

Soon as your eyes lift up, that familiar emptiness and anger grasps into yours. It was Miles. He looked at you with one of the blankest expression you had ever seen from a kid your age. Just as soon you saw a pair of tiny hands grasping into his clothes and a pair of innocent eyes, looking at you. "Flora?"

Her frightened expression drastically changes whiting the second and became the happiest child she was the first time you two met. "Y/N! We are so sorry! Maybe, nana could help you replace those flowers—"

Miles took a quick glance at his sister. His face became more sinister. "Flora, go inside. Nana wouldn't want you to leave without a permission, now would she?"

A sad Flora then nodded before she could wave you a goodbye and left soon as your brother finally came into the scene. "What's going here. I was so sure, my little sister has gotten into trouble."

Your eyes never left Miles and hell you could feel a smirk appearing. "So sorry, I might have gotten too distracted and couldn't see that she was standing here. It's been just so long since I haven't gotten any neighbours that my feet got so use to go into places where it shouldn't be."

Matt looked at you and then Miles, understanding. "Well, guess mom will have to buy some more."

The moment you realized Matt has spoke you groaned. "Please, don't make me do it again. If he ever comes again, I will make sure he—"

"He? What?" Miles voice became more... deep and strangely addictive. So addictive it could make someone this vulnerable go to insanity. Strangely you felt your head getting heavy. The look on his eyes became more intense as if you were taken with him into the dark path of hell.

"Ugh.... Y/N?" Your brother asked you worriedly until Miles's took a final look before taking a last look at your brother. You lost quickly balance until Matt took you into his arms. "Are you sure you're okay?"

As an excuse you told him of your lack of vitamins and hunger. Miles had took every bit of energy you had left, just like in your... dreams. You didn't felt right and your eyes were getting heavy.

Your brother had been so concerned about your health he didn't even realized about Miles's strange disappearance. "Let's get you inside."

Once he got the garden cleaned, Matt was starting to ask himself the same questions you did to yourself a few hours ago. When he had finally took care of you, prepared you food and put you to bed, he went to his father's desk and began his researches as well.

Things weren't going well in this house and for Miles to have gotten you into this state just wasn't right. He was starting to grow worried. Not only for his family safety but for your sanity.