ナナ

○

Miles's morning felt just as a hangover that never ends itself. He would often get those types of nights in which she would visit him, and hell he hated everything about her. If she was even alive and had the chance, he had wished upon anything to kill her on sight. With no expectations.

Flora on the other hand seemed to enjoy the presence she had caused to their now, small family. She would often ask to get her hair done, being put to bed or to be sung a lullaby before she could fall into a deep slumber of darkness.

She reminded her so much of her mother. Being the innocent child she was, she didn't knew about the consequences and continued living as if everything was put to ease. Yet she could see in Miles, something was definitely wrong with him. Somehow whoever had kept her under her wing kept whispering to her ears, "Everything will be okay." And she continued believing this way. Or will she ever?

Ever since the new comers came in a few weeks, Flora was beyond thrilled. The energy in the house she soon referred as Nana, became slowly turned herself cold and distant. Her disappearance had cause, the little girl to and of course, with the innocence of hers, just shrugged it off and was beyond excited of meeting the strangers living next door.

Miles had slowly took interest of the new girl. Her family deeply ressembles like theirs. The way she spoken to him and the way she had handled the situation felt quite surprising. Especially since they took the occupation of his grandparents's old house.

The fact that no any supernatural presence has been seen nor heard by the family next door sure did worried him. He had become so worried to the point he tried anything in his power to keep her hostage in his own house, just to protect a bunch of strangers.

Flora who quietly enters her brother's room, sneaked in to only scare him in the end. "Jesus, Flora. You could've just knock, you know?"

The little sister just nodded in which she replied to her brother as she sits on his bed. "Last night I heard her.... Was she with...?"

Miles couldn't even remember his dreams hell he couldn't even remembered his own true self anymore. He took another look at his sister and the moment he recognized this look, he knew. "Flora, what did you see and heard, last night?"

"Ugh... Well. Weird noises came from your room. The noises you would hear in the scary movies we used watch, with mom and dad."

Miles took his sister's hands with his. "Flora, you know Nana right?"

Nana? Yes... she did. The Nana she used to loved and missed having her around. "Yes..." She simply murmured, trying her best not to shed a tear.

"Nana isn't here, anymore."

Miles was right. Nana wasn't here anymore nor their parents. The only thing that kept fulfilling their own desires had been not only their imaginations but also this anonymous identity, in which he couldn't even himself separate it from reality.

Flora shook her head. No, Nana was here. Hell she even saw her last night, singing her the lullaby and so go on. But believing the fact she was officially gone had been something she had denied for years. After all, with the innocence of hers who could we possibly blame.

Her brother's eyes darkened, she could feel the tightness in his grip in which she desperately murmurs for him to let go. Miles soon looses it and furiously screams from the top of his lungs, punching his sister away, crying and throwing things at the door before she finally makes an exit.

It was the first time she had seen her brother like that and what if... he was right? Or what if he was just... sick? Who could possibly help her at this point. From what she remembers, her parents are both death.

Suddenly, her eyes sparkles soon as the thought of you had appeared in her thoughts.

You.