Nobody truly knows their real intentions until whoever seemed to be affected by gets a holds onto

Nobody truly knows their real intentions until whoever seemed to be affected by gets a holds onto. Yet, some things are best to stay hidden, behind the shadows.

Your unexpected visit to your neighbours had caused you and your brother to worsen your boredom state. Matthew whiting a blink of an eye didn't even bothered to informed you as he walked straight up into to his room. You weren't surprised after all, he was either playing one his favorite video games or getting a hold on a new girl in which he would found on a dating site and probably brag it about for the next months. He needed a way to distract himself and it was the least he could do.

As for you, you had promised yourself to become the detective you had always hoped to be. Ever since this strange little meeting of you and your neighbours, this morning, you couldn't bare to be left at a confused state. You needed the answers and once you arrived to your father's desk and sat down to open the family's computer, you began your research.

Your first instinct you had in mind was to search the house's address. Lucky enough you were able to memorize it soon before you and your brother left.

Just as you thought a few articles showed up. Some of them were published a few years ago. Half of the articles were talking about the parent's children. You were beyond shocked. You thought to yourself, if their parents did died, then... who kept the kids? From what you remembered the first person who opened the door for you wasn't an elderly woman nor man but... a kid.

As you began to read more articles a certain Fairchild always seemed to make surface. You thought to yourself, maybe it was their last name and boy you were right. You couldn't feel any prouder right now.

"Matt! Come here!" You called out for your brother who groaned from just how comfortable he was. Just by taking a look on his face, you rolled your eyes. "You have better called me all the way down here for something good. I was having a beautiful one and one moment with someone and you just happened to ruined it."

You didn't said a word your eyes were so glued to the screen then as you clicked for another article. A family portrait way too familiar gloriously appears right before your eyes.

"The Fairchild's tragedy, Mrs and Mr Fairchild found dead in their own room. Who will keep their innocent children from danger?"

The title made you cringe just as your brother appears behind you to have a better look. "Damn if it weren't for their intellectual ways of socializing, I can't even imagine how worse their parents could've been. I mean look at this family portrait. All of that for just putting in on either your scrapbook or on a wall. I bet they even hidden a hundred of dollars or more just for the kids."

He wasn't completely right. Miles and his sister did acted a little weird. Yet you remembered the darkness in his eyes the moment you two first met. Matthew was then probably right, after all.

You and your brother somehow were so into reading every articles to get the least informations you could possibly found, yet all of them kept repeating themselves. The only originality were the titles changes. Either some were a total clickbait or the most boring one you could ever read.

To your surprise, no theory has been exposed unlike other crimes. The both of you soon glanced at the time before realizing it was almost dark. The sun slowly fading away from complete darkness.

"Shit, I promised mom I'll make dinner. Dad and her are coming later tonight." Your brother then kissed your forehead to then make the requested dinner he had promised.

You on the other hand thought it was the perfect time to maybe clean the last bits of your stuff. For once you had some times in your hand. Especially after a very very weird day.

The day had ended and both your mom and dad got home safely from work. Somehow you could hear a voice of complaints. For once you were surprised it wasn't you and Matthew.

Your mom on the other, with a glass of wine in hand kept complaining due to trafic only to have her fiancé kissing her in reassurance.

"Can't believe it took me one hour to get to work this morning! Also the police is at every corner of the street this is crazy." A soft chuckle soon was heard from you as you walked down stairs from your room to the kitchen. "At least you didn't need to meet the weirdos."

Your brother who seemed to be far more interesting with the conversation the three of you shared agreed with you. "For once, I agree. Very old fashion, I should say."

"The Fairchild's are known for that." Your father murmured as he took a sip from his wine. "You knew about them?"

Your father looked at the both of you not minding to say a word, letting out a chuckle before jumping into conclusion. "Years ago, a good friend of mine knew Mr, Fairchild. Trust me, the words coming from his mouth felt like a knife it could go right into someone's corps."

Matthew and you shared a confused look while he began to serve the table. "Did you knew about their death?" Your brother asked your father with a worried tone, just as he was about to serve him.

"Sadly yes, horrible news. Apparently some kind of nanny is taking care of the kids. But to my knowledge it appears that it's has been the kids jobs ever since. Even when their parents were still alive."

The kids job? As in... taking care of their oldest? No, who would possibly take their innocence so fast. It was then you remembered about the little girl and how thrilled and innocent she was.

Your mother completely drained out of her day interrupted the moment you and your father had. "My loves, I know you were fascinated by them. Don't get a hold on yourself, I am sure you will get along just fine!" With that she began to eat and ruffled your brother's hair.

"More, Y/N. You should've seen the look on her face when she saw Miles." He chuckled and just a soon groaned in pain the moment you nudged his leg with the help of your foot.

Your mother on the other hand looked at you with a teasing look. Oh boy you didn't sure liked that. "Miles, ugh?"

Rolling your eyes you knew you had to defend yourself for your own sake. "Not now mom!"

"You like him, don't lie. It's alright hun. It's normal."

With that all of them shared a laugh, you kept groaning, munching on your own very food while a soft smile crept.

You then thought to yourself.... maybe this new adventure wasn't so bad after all.

It stares whiting the small dim on light coming from his room. He remembered the first time he saw her. He kept everything to himself, until he would knew he couldn't handle anymore. And he knew for a fact, she was the perfect match.