The last time you remembered having a proper conversation with Miles has been probably a few weeks or so

The last time you remembered having a proper conversation with Miles has been probably a few weeks or so. Or so you thought.

Since then, since Flora called you for desperate help things weren't going quite well as it seemed they were. Hell even at nights before going to bed, you could feel from your room to his, voices. Voices in which you couldn't quite comprehend to the point of  transforming themselves into murmurs as it's fades slowly to it's owner. Before turning into complete silence.

You had noted in a notebook a few syllables and yet every time you could get something it somehow didn't formed any phrases at all. Either it was plain gibberish or some complete demon sacrifice, in which you had completely no idea about whom it could possibly refer itself to.

One day you noticed something, Flora wasn't acting the way she had ever since. You two were casually seeing each other and every time you tried to mention her brother's name she would automatically find a new subject to begin with. Of course for her own sake you didn't dare to push her through, hell who knew if you did she probably wouldn't able to see you anymore.

Another week came and the weekend and a following week. Your brother and you tried anything to get yourself occupied from playing basketball outside the yard from him to invite a few old friends from College and to you, trying anything to get a whole of sanity before solitude could even get you.

"Y/N, me and the boys are going to play basketball outside. Wanna come?" Matthew had left a note on your desk the moment you entered your room from a morning shower. You accepted to yourself the offer as your eyes glanced at the note, dressing yourself up and grabbing yourself a book if boredom ever could corrupted you.

Now at the backyard of your home, you had manage to find an excuse to not play and to instead enjoy the book you had promised yourself to read last summer.

The boys played until silence was being installed in the room. Either the game was done and they had walked inside the house to get some food. Yet to your disappointment your eyes glanced from your book to them and there they were standing simply without saying a damn word.

"What's up with all of you?" A familiar voice soon was heard. You knew damn well who it's owner was. Miles.

"Who's this kid?" One of Matthew's friends asked before he could be then slapped from the back of his head. Knowing them well that if he continued to laugh or talk about Miles in a poor way god who knows what could happened. Hell the fact that you at lease could get five minutes of interaction with him, the news could fly by if it wanted to.

You got up from seat and looked at Miles. Miles hasn't slept for days and you could easily tells. The dark circles and that white skin of his... a skin so white he could be among his ghost friends. "Miles..."
Was all you could say.

"Such a disappointment." Miles pouts jokingly, you weren't so sure if he was either being sarcastic or serious. Either way he wasn't on his right paths and he'll you even wondered why Flora stopped calling at this point.

"Why the worry, Y/N?"

You couldn't say anything. Your brother thought approached from the scene and being the protective he is shared a few glare to the boy. "Y/N was worried sick of you. Hell she didn't slept for days because of you."

As if Miles actually cared. You thought rolling your eyes, reassuring your brother to take it from here by your own. "You are sure? If anything call me okay?"

You nodded and now your brother and his friends leaving you alone.

"So... How have you... been?" You managed to at least get a few words out before Miles could speak in return.

"Meh. Could be worse." He shrugged with the basketball in his hand tripling to then marking a point in the basket. "Wanna rematch?"

"Miles, you've been gone for weeks! Flora called me a few times she even reminded me how scared she was at night, ever since. Tell me. What's wrong."

Miles flinched at every words. "I'm fine. Alright?"

"Alright? That's some bullshit, maybe if you at least gave me some updates I wouldn't be so worried all the times." And he snapped.

"Maybe if you hadn't showed up last time, things would've been the same the first moment we met. But of course, humans like you just wanna get into everybody's business now don't we?"

You tried but nothing would come out. Nothing at all and with that no Miles was seen either. Either you were to shock by the fact he was probably... right or you just couldn't get the right words straight. "Miles?"

"Y/N?" It Matthew's voice. He had called to make sure you were okay. "Where's Miles?" You wished you knew.

"I don't know... He..."

And with that you were brought back inside, all confused without knowing exactly what to do. Hell you tried to explained to your brother about the situation but of course being not as helpful as he is. He just... laughed. After all, you couldn't complained it either. And from that moment you knew you had to have a few words with Flora.