Chapter 1: Shuichi

Shuichi looked his child, a warning growing in his chest.
"This child," He whispered.
His wife looked over, "Shuichi..?"
Shuichi closed his eyes then looked towards his wife and opened them.
"This child isn't mine, is it?"

----------------------------------------------------------

Shuichi woke up and looked beside him. He smiled when his gaze locked on his wife, Mizuchi, who was still asleep.
Shuichi had met Mizuchi at his workplace, around a year ago. They both shared a deep passion for solving cases, and soon became lovers. Ever since then, Shuichi has been happy.

Shuichi sat up, looking at his phone. It was 7:00 am. 'Ive got time..', He swung his feet out from under the blanket and rose from the bed, stretching.

It was Saturday, the day he met up with Ouma to talk and just hang out. To Shuichi, it was time where he could talk with his childhood friend without any care in the world.

Shuichi walked over to the closet, looking through his clothes. He stopped upon seeing a certain outfit. It was a white turtleneck with a blue blazer, with matching pants. This outfit had been given to him but Ouma.

"It doesn't suit me." Ouma had said. "I don't look good in blue. I think it'd fit you better."

Shuichi grabbed the set and held it up, looking in the mirror. 'It DOES look pretty good..' Shuichi went into the bathroom to change, and when he was finished, he looked in the mirror.

He gasped softly, genuinely surprised that it in fact DID look good on him. The Blazer and pants fit well with his hair, and the white made his eyes look sharper.

He needed to trust Ouma with fashion tips more often.

Shuichi walked back into the bedroom to find that Mizuchi had woken up. "Ah," She said, smiling at Shuichi. "Good morning, dear."
Shuichi walked over to her and kissed her forehead "Good morning. I've got to run soon to meet with Ouma, I'll be back later."

Mizuchi nodded and lifted herself from the bed. It was difficult to do almost anything for Mizuchi. Why?

She was pregnant.

Shuichi was excited to have a son or daughter, and so was Mizuchi. She was expected to go into labour soon, so Shuichi had to take extra good care of her.

Shuichi looked at his phone and swore. "I'm gonna be late..". He kissed his wife good-bye and left.

He then hurried towards the normal meeting place, Phantom Café.