Chapter 5: Shuichi

Shuichi paced around his living room, waiting for Ouma to arrive. He felt nervous having his childhood friend meet his newborn son, especially with all the trouble Ouma can cause.

Mizuchi held Tooru while sitting on the couch, watching Shuichi pace. "It'll be alright, Shu. It's only Ouma. I doubt he'll try and do anything. Tooru is only a few days old."

Shuichi stopped and looked at his wife, then smiled. "Y-Yeah, I guess you're right.."

A sharp knock startled them both. Shuichi hurried over to the door and opened it. There stood Ouma, looking as charming as ever. "Hey, Saihara! Where's the little creature?" Ouma grinned.

Shuichi chuckled and stepped aside, letting Ouma inside. Once the way was clear, he closed the door and followed Ouma over to the couch.

"What a cutie!" Ouma exclaimed. "Almost as cute as Saihara when he was a kid!"

Shuichi flushed as Mizuchi laughed loudly. "Ouma-!" Shuichi complained while Mizuchi replied, "Don't tease him too much, Ouma."

Ouma laughed and sat down. "It really is great to see you two with a family." He said happily. "He's lucky to be born with such smart parents."

Mizuchi smiled. "Thank you, Ouma. I really hope we raise him well."

Mizuchi's voice sounded.. different. Ouma caught it, but it seemed that Shuichi didn't. He gazed at Mizuchi for a moment, then looked at this hand. "Little Tooru.. Cute name."

Shuichi smiled bashfully. "I guess.. I was the one who thought of it. It means 'Transparent'." Shuichi sat down beside Mizuchi, looking at his sleeping son. "Tooru Saihara."

Ouma grinned. "Transparent Saihara? Sounds like someone I know." Ouma nishishi'd cheerfully. Right then, His phone rang. It was his Manager.

"Ah, It seems the witch is calling. You mind..?" Both Shuichi and Mizuchi shook their heads.

Ouma answered the phone. "Hey. I guess I am. 20? I'll be there, don't worry."

Ouma hung up and looked at the couple. "It seems I have to go for now. I'll be back later this week." Ouma stood, walking towards the door.

Shuichi stood. "At least let me see you out-"

"No." Ouma said suddenly. "It's fine." He opened the door and looked behind him. "See ya."

And he was gone.

Mizuchi looked at Shuichi. "He seemed a bit.. Off, don't you think?"

Shuichi nodded then sat back down. "Yeah, It was weird.." Shuichi rubbed his neck. "What do we do now?"

Mizuchi handed Shuichi the baby. "I'm going to have a shower. I haven't had one in awhile." She kissed Shuichi before walking off.

Shuichi cradled his son in his arms as he heard the shower turn on. He looked at the photos on the walls. Photos of their wedding, them together, photos from holidays.. It was all so warm.

Suddenly, Shuichi felt a little uneasy.

He heard a sound and realized his son was waking up. He looked at Tooru, smiling softly. He heard the shower turn off in the background.

Tooru looked at Shuichi with huge Light Grey eyes. Shuichi's smile fell.

He didn't have Grey eyes.
Neither did Mizuchi.

He heard the door open in the hall and Mizuchi walk out, a towel around her neck.

Mizuchi looked at Tooru over the shoulder of Shuichi "Little Tooru.. Ouma gave us a good nickname, huh?"

Shuichi looked at his child, a warning growing in his chest. "This child," He whispered.
His wife looked over, "Shuichi?"

Shuichi closed his eyes then looked towards his wife and opened them.

"This isn't my child, is it?"