Chapter 6: Shuichi

(hiiiiiii <3333) // (this is gonna be in an interesting format) // (enjoy!) // (also im changin her name to mitsuki) // (TW: verbal ab//se, g//slighting, triggering topics/themes) // (CW: talk about/mentioning of s*x)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10:43 PM: Saihara Household, Living Room

       He didn't want to believe it. He wanted to pretend that this hadn't happened, that he hadn't said anything at all. 

       It was too late for that now.

       Mitsuki stood frozen in place, her eyes wide. "What are you insinuating, Shuichi?" She asked slowly. Carefully.

       Too carefully.

       Shuichi didn't want to believe it. He really didn't.

       "I haven't been away from you long enough to have done anything." She continued. "I don't see when I could've done it." She walked over to the couch and sat down beside Tooru's perch of pillows. "Now, forget about that nonsense and come spend time with your son." 

       Shuichi didn't know why, but he couldn't let it die. He knew he was right - and despite how much he hated it - he needed to know the complete answer. When could she have gone behind his back? He knew it wasn't during work, since they worked in the same department. They did almost everything together, so when could it have been?

       Then he realized. 

       He cleared his throat, pulling out his 'detective voice'. "A couple of months ago, before I went to go meet Ouma, you said you were having an old college friend over to ah, hang out." He tapped his chin, momentarily forgetting his pain, misery, despair, and hurt. "Later that night, for whatever reason, (CW) you seemed really keen to have, ah, sex." He turned a tad pink, embarrassed.

       Mitsuki stood and looked back at him, astonished. "And you think I CHEATED on you?! My friend was a girl, Shuichi! I couldn't have gotten pregnant!"She snapped.

       Shuichi flinched. He didn't like loud noises, which was unfortunate due to Mitsuki's anger issues. "T-There's no way of me knowing that for certain. . ." He said quietly. "Plus, we were gone a while. A few hours. You could've had more than one person over?" He rambled, throwing out ideas. 

       She fell silent, her face growing pale. Her arms dropped to her side.

       Shuichi stopped and stared at her. Ah, He thought to himself. I got it right.

    Mitsuki sighed and walked over to him, stepping around the couch. (TW: Skip to asterisk [*] line if needed). She grabbed Shuichi by the cheeks and pulled him down to near her level. "The only person I had over was my friend Miya, the one from college." She said, laying on her sweet voice o break his shell. "No one else. You're just jealous that I spent time with someone else." She sighed, letting him go. "Don't be stupid." She said bitterly. "It'll make me look bad."

       Shuichi nodded. ". . . Yeah, okay." He dropped his head, hiding the tears welling up in his eyes. He was used to this, yet he still kept crying. Why am I so weak? He always asked himself. Shuichi thought about it constantly. He was good at what he did, but he felt so. . . small.
***********************************************************************************************
       Misuki clapped her hands together from where she was. "Good. Now, let's make dinner!" She walked off to the kitchen. "Make sure Tooru doesn't fall!" She called.

       Shuichi may have been pissed as hell, but he had common sense. He walked over to the couch and sat down, playing with Tooru. He might not have been his child, but he wanted to protect him regardless. He thought about Mitsuki, how they worked so well together, loving the same this with equal passion. They could talk about cases for hours on end. Why was he so okay with giving up something so precious? He loved Mitsuki.

       He sighed and leaned back, deciding to change topics. He heard the faint sound of Mitsuki cooking in the background, her playlist playing softly from the speakers. He thought back to his days as an officer-in-training, before he had met Mitsuki. He had been living with Ouma at the time. He had just started gaining popularity as a model, so he wasn't concerned about money. 

       He remembered staying up late working on the practice test cases, and Ouma coming in and giving him coffee, asking him about the case. He always teased Shuichi for getting so deep into them, but would always stay up with him to help with solving it. On the other hand, Shuichi would give critique on Ouma's outfits and designs, often helping with small details and even modeling his pieces. 

       Ouma. He thought to himself with a smile. 

       It took him a few moments to register Mitsuki, who was beside him. 

       "Shuichi! Hey, you okay?" She raised an eyebrow. "You're cheeks are bright red." 

       Shuichi blinked up at her. Was he blushing?

       Mitsuki sighed. "Well, whatever. I made dinner. Come eat." She turned to go back to the kitchen.

       Shuichi stayed seated, staring off at nothing. ". . . No." He stood.

       Mitsuki looked at him. "What?"

       Shuichi glanced towards the door. "I said no. I'm going out to eat. Don't wait up." He began walking.

       "W-Wait!" Mitsuki sputtered. "You can't leave me alone with the baby! I need help!"

        Shuichi stopped dead in his tracks, hand on the doorknob. "Should've thought about that before you slept with another guy." He said, opening the door and stepping out into the newfound storm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11:45 PM, Ozaya Apartments, Room 367

       Standing at his window, Ouma stared out into the storm, waiting.

       He didn't know what he was waiting for, but he knew. 

       Something was coming.